Xvid conversion to mpeg2..audio out of sync....

Hello,

I converted an Xvid to an MPEG2 in hope to make a DVD out of it.
Codec
Video 4CC xvid Name XviD
x:y 624x256 (2.44:1) [=39:16]
bitrate: 1151 kb/s FPS: 23.976
Codec
Audio ac3 (0x2000)
Bitrate: 448 kb/s (5 ch) CBR Fs: 48000 Hz

I tried to convert it to NTSC MPEG2 with an FPS at 29.97 (it does not
give me .976, leaving the x:y the same. I left the audio at 48k 16 bit

sound.

However, when it done, the audio and video are out of sync by about 1
second. The video file turned out to be about 1 second larger than the

audio file.

It is because of the 23.976 FPS to 29.976?

Suggestions,

Thanks,

Tmuld
1 answer Last reply
More about xvid conversion mpeg2 audio sync

    <tmuldoon@spliced.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >

    > I converted an Xvid to an MPEG2 in hope to make a DVD out of it.
    > Codec
    > Video 4CC xvid Name XviD
    > x:y 624x256 (2.44:1) [=39:16]
    > bitrate: 1151 kb/s FPS: 23.976
    > Codec
    > Audio ac3 (0x2000)
    > Bitrate: 448 kb/s (5 ch) CBR Fs: 48000 Hz
    >

    > I tried to convert it to NTSC MPEG2 with an FPS at 29.97 (it does not
    > give me .976, leaving the x:y the same. I left the audio at 48k 16 bit
    >
    > sound.
    >

    > However, when it done, the audio and video are out of sync by about 1
    > second. The video file turned out to be about 1 second larger than the
    >
    > audio file.
    >

    > It is because of the 23.976 FPS to 29.976?
    >

    > Suggestions,
    >

    > Thanks,
    >

    > Tmuld

    I'd suggest