Dual Monitor Dell Dimesnion 9100 - Help

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 14, 2005 10:25:46 AM

OK Here is my setup -

Windows Media Center 2005
Dell 2501FP (21" WS Flat Panel) - Connected with DVI
Dell E173FP (17" Analog Flat Panel) - Connected with VGA
ATI 256MB X300 PCIE Video Card
Hauppauge PVR-150
Dell Dimension 9100 (3.4 Dual Core, 2GB RAM, etc..)

My first question is can I run two monitors off of this one video card?

My Second question is that I have 2 more PCI-E slots 4x & 1X can I just
get a PCIE video card and put it in that slot even if it doesnt run at
x16?
Anonymous
September 14, 2005 11:40:52 AM

jasoncornellier wrote...
> Windows Media Center 2005
> Dell 2501FP (21" WS Flat Panel) - Connected with DVI
> Dell E173FP (17" Analog Flat Panel) - Connected with VGA
> ATI 256MB X300 PCIE Video Card
> Hauppauge PVR-150
> Dell Dimension 9100 (3.4 Dual Core, 2GB RAM, etc..)
>
> My first question is can I run two monitors off of this one video
> card?

You appear to have answered your own question.
You clearly state that you DO have two monitors already connected.
Perhaps you could clarify your question?
Anonymous
September 14, 2005 12:12:18 PM

Richard Crowley wrote:
> jasoncornellier wrote...
> > Windows Media Center 2005
> > Dell 2501FP (21" WS Flat Panel) - Connected with DVI
> > Dell E173FP (17" Analog Flat Panel) - Connected with VGA
> > ATI 256MB X300 PCIE Video Card
> > Hauppauge PVR-150
> > Dell Dimension 9100 (3.4 Dual Core, 2GB RAM, etc..)
> >
> > My first question is can I run two monitors off of this one video
> > card?
>
> You appear to have answered your own question.
> You clearly state that you DO have two monitors already connected.
> Perhaps you could clarify your question?

There was two questions...teh second is something I was thinking about.
The first I cant get it to work so I was wondering if it was acceptable.
September 14, 2005 12:19:58 PM

<jasoncornellier@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Richard Crowley wrote:
>> jasoncornellier wrote...
>> > Windows Media Center 2005
>> > Dell 2501FP (21" WS Flat Panel) - Connected with DVI
>> > Dell E173FP (17" Analog Flat Panel) - Connected with VGA
>> > ATI 256MB X300 PCIE Video Card
>> > Hauppauge PVR-150
>> > Dell Dimension 9100 (3.4 Dual Core, 2GB RAM, etc..)
>> >
>> > My first question is can I run two monitors off of this one video
>> > card?
>>
>> You appear to have answered your own question.
>> You clearly state that you DO have two monitors already connected.
>> Perhaps you could clarify your question?
>
> There was two questions...teh second is something I was thinking
> about.
> The first I cant get it to work so I was wondering if it was
> acceptable.

Does Windows Media Center support dual-screen with
that video card? Is the video card broke? What does Dell
support have to say?
September 14, 2005 4:15:39 PM

jasoncornellier@gmail.com wrote:
> OK Here is my setup -
>
> Windows Media Center 2005
> Dell 2501FP (21" WS Flat Panel) - Connected with DVI
> Dell E173FP (17" Analog Flat Panel) - Connected with VGA
> ATI 256MB X300 PCIE Video Card
> Hauppauge PVR-150
> Dell Dimension 9100 (3.4 Dual Core, 2GB RAM, etc..)
>
> My first question is can I run two monitors off of this one video card?
>
> My Second question is that I have 2 more PCI-E slots 4x & 1X can I just
> get a PCIE video card and put it in that slot even if it doesnt run at
> x16?

checked the Ati site? Feature overview there says that yes, it will
drive two displays. Don't see a manual download for an x300 there though.
Anonymous
September 16, 2005 5:50:21 AM

<jasoncornellier@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Richard Crowley wrote:
>> jasoncornellier wrote...
>> > Windows Media Center 2005
>> > Dell 2501FP (21" WS Flat Panel) - Connected with DVI
>> > Dell E173FP (17" Analog Flat Panel) - Connected with VGA
>> > ATI 256MB X300 PCIE Video Card
>> > Hauppauge PVR-150
>> > Dell Dimension 9100 (3.4 Dual Core, 2GB RAM, etc..)
>> >
>> > My first question is can I run two monitors off of this one video
>> > card?
>>
>> You appear to have answered your own question.
>> You clearly state that you DO have two monitors already connected.
>> Perhaps you could clarify your question?
>
> There was two questions...teh second is something I was thinking about.
>The first I cant get it to work so I was wondering if it was acceptable.

Have enabled the second Monitor ?
Right click desktop-->Properties-->Advanced-->Displays Tab
!