Dual Monitor Dell Dimesnion 9100 - Help

OK Here is my setup -

Windows Media Center 2005
Dell 2501FP (21" WS Flat Panel) - Connected with DVI
Dell E173FP (17" Analog Flat Panel) - Connected with VGA
ATI 256MB X300 PCIE Video Card
Hauppauge PVR-150
Dell Dimension 9100 (3.4 Dual Core, 2GB RAM, etc..)

My first question is can I run two monitors off of this one video card?

My Second question is that I have 2 more PCI-E slots 4x & 1X can I just
get a PCIE video card and put it in that slot even if it doesnt run at
x16?
5 answers Last reply
More about dual monitor dell dimesnion 9100 help

    jasoncornellier wrote...
    > Windows Media Center 2005
    > Dell 2501FP (21" WS Flat Panel) - Connected with DVI
    > Dell E173FP (17" Analog Flat Panel) - Connected with VGA
    > ATI 256MB X300 PCIE Video Card
    > Hauppauge PVR-150
    > Dell Dimension 9100 (3.4 Dual Core, 2GB RAM, etc..)
    >
    > My first question is can I run two monitors off of this one video
    > card?

    You appear to have answered your own question.
    You clearly state that you DO have two monitors already connected.
    Perhaps you could clarify your question?

    Richard Crowley wrote:
    > jasoncornellier wrote...
    > > Windows Media Center 2005
    > > Dell 2501FP (21" WS Flat Panel) - Connected with DVI
    > > Dell E173FP (17" Analog Flat Panel) - Connected with VGA
    > > ATI 256MB X300 PCIE Video Card
    > > Hauppauge PVR-150
    > > Dell Dimension 9100 (3.4 Dual Core, 2GB RAM, etc..)
    > >
    > > My first question is can I run two monitors off of this one video
    > > card?
    >
    > You appear to have answered your own question.
    > You clearly state that you DO have two monitors already connected.
    > Perhaps you could clarify your question?

    There was two questions...teh second is something I was thinking about.
    The first I cant get it to work so I was wondering if it was acceptable.

    <jasoncornellier@gmail.com> wrote in message

    > Richard Crowley wrote:
    >> jasoncornellier wrote...
    >> > Windows Media Center 2005
    >> > Dell 2501FP (21" WS Flat Panel) - Connected with DVI
    >> > Dell E173FP (17" Analog Flat Panel) - Connected with VGA
    >> > ATI 256MB X300 PCIE Video Card
    >> > Hauppauge PVR-150
    >> > Dell Dimension 9100 (3.4 Dual Core, 2GB RAM, etc..)
    >> >
    >> > My first question is can I run two monitors off of this one video
    >> > card?
    >>
    >> You appear to have answered your own question.
    >> You clearly state that you DO have two monitors already connected.
    >> Perhaps you could clarify your question?
    >
    > There was two questions...teh second is something I was thinking
    > about.
    > The first I cant get it to work so I was wondering if it was
    > acceptable.

    Does Windows Media Center support dual-screen with
    that video card? Is the video card broke? What does Dell
    support have to say?

    jasoncornellier@gmail.com wrote:
    > OK Here is my setup -
    >
    > Windows Media Center 2005
    > Dell 2501FP (21" WS Flat Panel) - Connected with DVI
    > Dell E173FP (17" Analog Flat Panel) - Connected with VGA
    > ATI 256MB X300 PCIE Video Card
    > Hauppauge PVR-150
    > Dell Dimension 9100 (3.4 Dual Core, 2GB RAM, etc..)
    >
    > My first question is can I run two monitors off of this one video card?
    >
    > My Second question is that I have 2 more PCI-E slots 4x & 1X can I just
    > get a PCIE video card and put it in that slot even if it doesnt run at
    > x16?

    checked the Ati site? Feature overview there says that yes, it will
    drive two displays. Don't see a manual download for an x300 there though.

    <jasoncornellier@gmail.com> wrote in message

    > Richard Crowley wrote:
    >> jasoncornellier wrote...
    >> > Windows Media Center 2005
    >> > Dell 2501FP (21" WS Flat Panel) - Connected with DVI
    >> > Dell E173FP (17" Analog Flat Panel) - Connected with VGA
    >> > ATI 256MB X300 PCIE Video Card
    >> > Hauppauge PVR-150
    >> > Dell Dimension 9100 (3.4 Dual Core, 2GB RAM, etc..)
    >> >
    >> > My first question is can I run two monitors off of this one video
    >> > card?
    >>
    >> You appear to have answered your own question.
    >> You clearly state that you DO have two monitors already connected.
    >> Perhaps you could clarify your question?
    >
    > There was two questions...teh second is something I was thinking about.
    >The first I cant get it to work so I was wondering if it was acceptable.

    Have enabled the second Monitor ?
    Right click desktop-->Properties-->Advanced-->Displays Tab

Tuner Cards Dual Monitors Video Dell Graphics