RDP and 'synchronized' displays

I am running a WinXP Professional PC via RDP from a Viewsonic V110 Airpanel.
The Airpanel is running WinCE Mira V1.0 and works fine as an RDP client. The
application is a controller for a home theater.
What I would like to do is have an identical display coming out of the VGA
output of the PC that I see on my RDP display on my Airpanel. Right now,
whenever I log into an RDP session from the Airpanel, the VGA output stops
displaying the Windows desktop and applications. I think the 'fix' for this,
if there is one, must have to happen on the WinXP PC.
The main reason I would like to do this is so a group of people can see the
same display on our big screen that the operator of the Airpanel can see.
That way everyone can participate in selection of movies or music.
Thanks
MikeA
1 answer Last reply
More about synchronized displays

    There is no way to do this. RDP blanks out the screen and shows the logon
    box on the remote PC by design. It does this so that unauthorized viewers
    can't see what you are working on. For example, say you log in from home to
    work on a top secret project at work, do you really want your screen
    displaying everything that you are doing while you are not there to see if
    anyone is watching.

    However, if you can get the Airpanel to somehow work with Remote Desktop
    Assistance, then you can acheive your goal. RD Assistance does not blank out
    the screen as it designed for providing tech support to someone. Only
    downside is that you have to send a request out each time to give access.

    Jody C.
    "MikeA" <MikeA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am running a WinXP Professional PC via RDP from a Viewsonic V110
    >Airpanel.
    > The Airpanel is running WinCE Mira V1.0 and works fine as an RDP client.
    > The
    > application is a controller for a home theater.
    > What I would like to do is have an identical display coming out of the VGA
    > output of the PC that I see on my RDP display on my Airpanel. Right now,
    > whenever I log into an RDP session from the Airpanel, the VGA output stops
    > displaying the Windows desktop and applications. I think the 'fix' for
    > this,
    > if there is one, must have to happen on the WinXP PC.
    > The main reason I would like to do this is so a group of people can see
    > the
    > same display on our big screen that the operator of the Airpanel can see.
    > That way everyone can participate in selection of movies or music.
    > Thanks
    > MikeA

Windows XP