Snap-in Failed to Initialize / Please HELP!

Paul

Splendid

I'm trying to run "Remote Desktop" in 4 PCs running
Windows XP-Pro (SP-2) and I get the "System Could Not
Log on" response in 3 of my computers (I can only access 1 same computer
from the other 3, not vice versa nor other variation). Then when I try
to disable blank password restrictions by using a policy by clicking Start,
Run gpedit.msc, I get "Snap-in Failed to Initialize" Name: Group
Policy Object Editor CLSID: :{8FC0B734-A0E1-11D1-A7D3-0000F87571E3}.

Looking in Microsoft Support Site, it says:

This behavior occurs because the PATH environment variable does not include
the
%SystemRoot%\System32\WBEM folder

RESOLUTION

To resolve this behavior, add the %SystemRoot%\System32\WBEM folder to your
PATH environment variable. To do so, follow these steps: 1.Right-click My
Computer,
and then click Properties.

2.On the Advanced tab, click Environment Variables.
3.Under System Variables double-click the PATH environment variable.
4.Type: %SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\system32\WBEM
But under "System Variables" I don't have anything that
reads;"PATH environment variable"

I just have:

CLASSPATH
COMPSpec
FP_NO_Host
Number_OF_P
OS
PATH %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp (could be this one?)
PATHEXT
Processor
Etc.

How can I fix this?

I'll apreciate any help regarding this matter,

Thanks in advance,
Paul

Paul

Splendid

1. Click Start, point to Run, type gpedit.msc, and then click OK to start
the Group Policy Editor.
2. Open Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local
Policies\Security Options\Accounts: Limit local account use of blank
passwords to console logon only.
3. Double-click Limit local account use of blank passwords to consol logon
only.
4. Click Disabled, and then click OK.
5. Quit Group Policy Editor.

Snap In Problem:

When I click one of the Software Installation icons in the Group Policy
console tree, I get the error message "Snap-in failed to initialize."

Cause: This may be happen if Software Installation cannot find
framedyn.dll.

Solution: If you use installation scripts, make sure that your scripts
place the %windir%\system32\wbem directory in the system path. By default,
%windir%\system32\wbem is in the system path already; therefore, you are not
likely to encounter this issue if you do not use installation scripts.