Are any of you using a Linux DVR?

I have a computer I wanted to try and use it with and was hoping you
might give me some tips on if it is any good. I saw different sites on
a Linux DVR and was interested.

How fast a chip would I need? I have a 1700XP AMD. What configuration
do you have for this? Thanks for any feedback.
2 answers Last reply
More about linux

    needin4mation@gmail.com wrote:
    > I have a computer I wanted to try and use it with and was hoping you
    > might give me some tips on if it is any good. I saw different sites on
    > a Linux DVR and was interested.
    >
    > How fast a chip would I need? I have a 1700XP AMD. What configuration
    > do you have for this? Thanks for any feedback.

    That should be just fine for MythTV. Get a hardware encoder for best
    results, like the Hauppauge PVR-150 or 250.

    -WD

    Here is one to look at for High Def OTA recording.

    http://www.eff.org/broadcastflag/cookbook/buildin.php

    Cheers...

Tuner Cards Linux DVR Graphics