Does admin account appear on windows 7 safe mode?

spongmonkey

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
the local "administrator" account is disabled by default with Windows 7. It is possible to turn it on by searching for Administrative Tools, then using Computer Management, Users

although it's turned off as a security feature. If you enable it, set a STRONG password on it.

Not sure if this answers your question or not but thought i'd put in my 2 pence worth :)

COLGeek

Cybernaut

While this is true, most users don't enable this account, thus the original answer given. The original account used to set up Win 7 is an administrator account and is what most will see when attempting to boot into Safe Mode. If the Administrator has been enabled, per spongmonkey's message, it too would be listed.

Still, what problem are you trying to solve? Are you locked out of your own system?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Whatever your Dad's account name is, is what will show as the Administrator account unless you specifically activate the Administrator account per the earlier discussion or you add another admin account (my recommendation) as the "just in case" account.

Good luck (and I understand where you are coming from)!