Zoomtown and remote desktop

I currently receive my high speed broadband hook-up via my phone company, I
was told by someone that I would never be able to connect via remote desktop
to my family business with this service because the ip address changes
constantly. Is this true and is there a way around it with out another big
expense?
1 answer Last reply
More about zoomtown remote desktop

    You can use a dynamic naming service that maps a fully qualified domain name
    (FQDN) to your ISP assigned IP address. I use a free for personal use
    service from No-IP.com so I can access my home LAN which gets a DHCP
    assigned IP from my broadband ISP. Look at the http://www.no-ip.com site for
    further details. Its possible you may need to pay a small charge for
    commercial use...

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    benefit of all of us...
    rights...

    "braye" <braye@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I currently receive my high speed broadband hook-up via my phone company, I
    > was told by someone that I would never be able to connect via remote
    > desktop
    > to my family business with this service because the ip address changes
    > constantly. Is this true and is there a way around it with out another big
    > expense?

Remote Desktop Microsoft Windows XP