I currently receive my high speed broadband hook-up via my phone company, I
was told by someone that I would never be able to connect via remote desktop
to my family business with this service because the ip address changes
constantly. Is this true and is there a way around it with out another big
expense?

You can use a dynamic naming service that maps a fully qualified domain name
(FQDN) to your ISP assigned IP address. I use a free for personal use
service from No-IP.com so I can access my home LAN which gets a DHCP
assigned IP from my broadband ISP. Look at the http://www.no-ip.com site for
further details. Its possible you may need to pay a small charge for
commercial use...

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

benefit of all of us...