Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-150 Question

I am confused. Do I have to have a Windows XP Media Center to use this
capture card and use my PC like a PVR, DVR, tivo or whatever you want
to call it? Thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about hauppauge wintv question

    needin4mation@gmail.com wrote:
    > I am confused. Do I have to have a Windows XP Media Center to use this
    > capture card and use my PC like a PVR, DVR, tivo or whatever you want
    > to call it? Thanks.

    No. You can even use it with Linux if you like.

    -WD

    "Will Dormann" <wdormann@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote in message
    > needin4mation@gmail.com wrote:
    >> I am confused. Do I have to have a Windows XP Media Center to use this
    >> capture card and use my PC like a PVR, DVR, tivo or whatever you want
    >> to call it? Thanks.
    >
    > No. You can even use it with Linux if you like.
    >

    > -WD

    Its a good card. Been using it for 3 months now. Winxp, dfi mb, amd 3000....

    xman

    xmradio wrote:

    > Its a good card. Been using it for 3 months now. Winxp, dfi mb, amd 3000....

    I use its older brother, the PVR-250 in a MythTV machine (Linux).
    Couldn't be happier with it!

    The 150 is a more modern version of the 250, and I believe it draws less
    current.

    -WD

Tuner Cards Hauppauge Graphics