Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-150 Question

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 17, 2005 11:06:16 PM

I am confused. Do I have to have a Windows XP Media Center to use this
capture card and use my PC like a PVR, DVR, tivo or whatever you want
to call it? Thanks.
Anonymous
September 18, 2005 2:42:56 AM

needin4mation@gmail.com wrote:
> I am confused. Do I have to have a Windows XP Media Center to use this
> capture card and use my PC like a PVR, DVR, tivo or whatever you want
> to call it? Thanks.

No. You can even use it with Linux if you like.

-WD
Anonymous
September 18, 2005 12:30:57 PM

"Will Dormann" <wdormann@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote in message
> needin4mation@gmail.com wrote:
>> I am confused. Do I have to have a Windows XP Media Center to use this
>> capture card and use my PC like a PVR, DVR, tivo or whatever you want
>> to call it? Thanks.
>
> No. You can even use it with Linux if you like.
>

> -WD

Its a good card. Been using it for 3 months now. Winxp, dfi mb, amd 3000....

xman
Anonymous
September 18, 2005 3:47:02 PM

xmradio wrote:

> Its a good card. Been using it for 3 months now. Winxp, dfi mb, amd 3000....

I use its older brother, the PVR-250 in a MythTV machine (Linux).
Couldn't be happier with it!

The 150 is a more modern version of the 250, and I believe it draws less
current.

-WD
!