I want Beta 6 back!!

I miss the good ole days, I would probably settle for Beta 4 though.
Wonder what ever happened to the Gooseman after he sold his soul to valve?
hmmm Things just aren't as simple anymore as back in the day.

Anyone here been playing since the start? Beta 1? Remember when you had to
manually bind all the slot keys for stuff to work? And how about when the
guns had NO recoil and shot perfectly straight..... OH OH, and the freakin
"gun walkers" when the weapons would stay for the whole game! I guess
something's changed for the good, but Beta 6 I miss.....

Just reminiscing while waiting on the source I guess.

Doug

"Doug" <DZappyNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I miss the good ole days, I would probably settle for Beta 4 though.
>Wonder what ever happened to the Gooseman after he sold his soul to
>valve? hmmm Things just aren't as simple anymore as back in the day.
>
> Anyone here been playing since the start? Beta 1? Remember when
> you had to manually bind all the slot keys for stuff to work? And
> how about when the guns had NO recoil and shot perfectly
> straight..... OH OH, and the freakin "gun walkers" when the weapons
> would stay for the whole game! I guess something's changed for the
> good, but Beta 6 I miss.....
>
> Just reminiscing while waiting on the source I guess.

Which one had the APC in siege? I miss that one and the scope on the
M4 was nice too.

5.2 has the scoped M4...

--
From Adam Webb, Overlag
"I like toys and cake" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message

> "Doug" <DZappyNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >I miss the good ole days, I would probably settle for Beta 4 though.
> >Wonder what ever happened to the Gooseman after he sold his soul to
> >valve? hmmm Things just aren't as simple anymore as back in the day.
> >
> > Anyone here been playing since the start? Beta 1? Remember when
> > you had to manually bind all the slot keys for stuff to work? And
> > how about when the guns had NO recoil and shot perfectly
> > straight..... OH OH, and the freakin "gun walkers" when the weapons
> > would stay for the whole game! I guess something's changed for the
> > good, but Beta 6 I miss.....
> >
> > Just reminiscing while waiting on the source I guess.
> >

> Which one had the APC in siege? I miss that one and the scope on the
> M4 was nice too.

---

* I like toys and cake <me@privacy.net> [alt.games.half-life.counterstrike]:

> Which one had the APC in siege? I miss that one and the scope on the
> M4 was nice too.

Pretty sure the APC was still there in v1.3, or was it v1.1 ?

--
T R O Y P I G G I N S
e : usenet@piggo.com

"Troy Piggins" <usenet@piggo.com> wrote in message
>* I like toys and cake <me@privacy.net>
>[alt.games.half-life.counterstrike]:
>>
>> Which one had the APC in siege? I miss that one and the scope on
>> the
>> M4 was nice too.
>
> Pretty sure the APC was still there in v1.3, or was it v1.1 ?

No it was gone in the final releases, I think it was 6.something when
they took it out.

Ian

On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 10:54:44 +0100, "I like toys and cake" <me@privacy.net>
wrote:

>"Troy Piggins" <usenet@piggo.com> wrote in message
>>* I like toys and cake <me@privacy.net>
>>[alt.games.half-life.counterstrike]:
>>>
>>> Which one had the APC in siege? I miss that one and the scope on
>>> the
>>> M4 was nice too.
>>
>> Pretty sure the APC was still there in v1.3, or was it v1.1 ?
>>

>No it was gone in the final releases, I think it was 6.something when
>they took it out.

It was still in the retail v1.0

"Ian" <spam@licks.sack> wrote in message
> On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 10:54:44 +0100, "I like toys and cake"
> <me@privacy.net>
> wrote:
>

>>"Troy Piggins" <usenet@piggo.com> wrote in message
>>>* I like toys and cake <me@privacy.net>
>>>[alt.games.half-life.counterstrike]:

>>> Pretty sure the APC was still there in v1.3, or was it v1.1 ?
>>>

>>No it was gone in the final releases, I think it was 6.something
>>when
>>they took it out.
>>

> It was still in the retail v1.0

I have 1.0 installed on my LAN and it's not there, I'm sure it's a
standard installation, I wouldn't have changed that map, I loved the
APC.

Ian

On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 11:50:29 +0100, "I like toys and cake" <me@privacy.net>
wrote:

>"Ian" <spam@licks.sack> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 10:54:44 +0100, "I like toys and cake"
>> <me@privacy.net>
>> wrote:
>>

>>>"Troy Piggins" <usenet@piggo.com> wrote in message

>>>No it was gone in the final releases, I think it was 6.something
>>>when
>>>they took it out.
>>>

>> It was still in the retail v1.0
>
>I have 1.0 installed on my LAN and it's not there, I'm sure it's a
>standard installation, I wouldn't have changed that map, I loved the
>APC.

Really? Weird. We had it installed for LAN'ing at our local cafe 12 months ago
(all of us were noobs then), and it was there. I installed the 1.5 upgrade and
everyone went "where's the tank?".

* Ian <spam@licks.sack> [alt.games.half-life.counterstrike]:

>>I have 1.0 installed on my LAN and it's not there, I'm sure it's a
>>standard installation, I wouldn't have changed that map, I loved the
>>APC.
>>

> Really? Weird. We had it installed for LAN'ing at our local cafe 12 months ago
> (all of us were noobs then), and it was there. I installed the 1.5 upgrade and
> everyone went "where's the tank?".

I am pretty sure I have only played since v1.1 and it was at least
there. I thought v1.3 too, but my tired old brain is going too senile

I liked doing donuts in the carpark for a few rounds til everyone was
having fun, then just when they were in a false sense of security, drive
it off the cliff..... weeeeeeeee!!!

--
T R O Y P I G G I N S
e : usenet@piggo.com