Remote Desktop Client - Tracking/Logging....?

I use my work laptop (client) to to remote desktop into my larger home
computer downstairs (host). Works great - love it.

My basic question is - since I am using the work laptop as basically a
keyboard and monitor into a larger netowrked home computer - can I be tracked
on my work laptop where I am surfing to or from.....?

Basically can work see what I'm up to using my laptop as a remote desktop
client....?

Thanks.
Mitchman
2 answers Last reply
More about remote desktop client tracking logging

    Mitchman wrote:
    > I use my work laptop (client) to to remote desktop into my larger home
    > computer downstairs (host). Works great - love it.
    >
    > My basic question is - since I am using the work laptop as basically a
    > keyboard and monitor into a larger netowrked home computer - can I be
    > tracked on my work laptop where I am surfing to or from.....?
    >
    > Basically can work see what I'm up to using my laptop as a remote
    > desktop client....?

    Technically - yes.. Because since it is "works" computer, they could have
    installed their own keylogger or any other tracking software/device they
    wanted.

    The reality - what you do on the remote machine (other than the keystrokes
    you send, etc) stays on the remote machine. "Work" would have to CARE and
    also have the technical expertise to do what I said earlier.

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    Thanks for the quick response - I realize "anything" is possible in terms of
    the keystroke logging, etc.... but within reason, "what happens on the
    remote computer, stays on the remote computer"......... :^)

    Thanks again.
    Mitchman

    "Shenan Stanley" wrote:

    > Mitchman wrote:
    > > I use my work laptop (client) to to remote desktop into my larger home
    > > computer downstairs (host). Works great - love it.
    > >
    > > My basic question is - since I am using the work laptop as basically a
    > > keyboard and monitor into a larger netowrked home computer - can I be
    > > tracked on my work laptop where I am surfing to or from.....?
    > >
    > > Basically can work see what I'm up to using my laptop as a remote
    > > desktop client....?
    >
    > Technically - yes.. Because since it is "works" computer, they could have
    > installed their own keylogger or any other tracking software/device they
    > wanted.
    >
    > The reality - what you do on the remote machine (other than the keystrokes
    > you send, etc) stays on the remote machine. "Work" would have to CARE and
    > also have the technical expertise to do what I said earlier.
    >
    > --
    > Shenan Stanley
    > MS-MVP
    > --
    > How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Laptops Remote Desktop Computers Windows XP