I wish to copy my video's from VHS or directly from the camcorder to my
coputer so i can transfer them straight to dvd. Is there a card which has
scart conection if not what do i look for.

also what are the names of these cards ie video cards, tv cards etc etc.

any suggestion including some good cards would be appreciated

you want to get a device called the pinnacle moviebox deluxe or usb or
dv. There are three models available and each have different
connections. The Moviebox USB connects to your computer via USB and
allows you to connect the VHS camcorder , etc, to your computer and
capture directly to MPEG format which can then be burned to a DVD.
Please visit the site here for more info:

Moviebox USB
http://www.4videoequipment.com/video/store2/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=346

Moviebox Deluxe
http://www.4videoequipment.com/video/store2/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=970

Hope this helps. You can also give me a call at 973.244.0660 if you
need further assistance. Thanks.

- Henry T Kirk
4VideoEquipment.com