Canopus Edius NX for under $1,000!!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 18, 2005 8:34:15 PM

With EDIUS NX, you’re editing DV in realtime today and ready for HDV
tomorrow!

Edius delivers a level of real-time performance that software based
solutions simply can't come close to. With Edius NX Canopus continues
the great tradition of top rated NLE solutions like DV Rex, DV Rex RT,
DV Storm and the DV Storm 2, now with the additional benefits of
64-bit PCI support, analog input filtering and an easy upgrade to HD
video formats like HDV, HDCAM and DVCPRO HD.

Edius NX is hardware with a FUTURE - you get unprecedented real-time
DV performance today and the ability to upgrade in the future to HDV &
DVCProHD. Even more important, when you do upgrade to HD in the
future, you'll get the same level of real-time performance and
stability that you have come to expect from Canopus NLE solutions.

Why should you buy Edius NX today?

· Edius NX combines hardware and software technology to deliver the
ultimate realtime DV editing solution. More layers of video and
graphics than any other hardware accelerator.

· Edius NX hardware is designed for todays faster CPUs, motherboards &
bus speeds.

· Edius Pro 3 is a full featured video editor that can be customized
for the way you edit. It's easy to use and loaded with all the great
features you need - in real-time with the Edius NX hardware

· Edius Pro 3 software allows true mixed format editing. Now you can
edit all kinds of footage in realtime, at the same time, including DV,
uncompressed SD, HDV, DVCPro, MPEG2 and more.

· Edius NX hardware delivers filtering and noise reduction technology
for analog input. It “cleans” VHS and other analog recordings.

· Edius NX hardware provides realtime frame rate conversion and
output, including NTSC and PAL.

· Edius NX hardware is flexible. Put it in an existing slower machine
and edit DV today. Put it in a faster new machine and get even more
real-time performance.

· When you migrate to HDV, Edius NX comes along with you. You can edit
HDV footage with base NX board, or upgrade to the HDV module for
real-time HDV editing.

· Video capture and output plug-in for Adobe® Premiere® Pro, and video
output plug-ins for Adobe After Effects® and Adobe Photoshop®

· Fantastic prices!! Edius NX with Edius Pro $999.95. Edius NX for HDV
with Edius Pro and the real-time HD output card $1499

For more info about Edius NX or to order
http://www.videoguys.com/ediusNX.html

Gary

Videoguys.com http://www.videoguys.com
The Digital Video Editing & DVD Production Experts
800 323-2325 or Free DTV tech advice (516) 759-1615

All DTV purchases include our 30 day customer assurance program
and FREE tech support

More about : canopus edius 000

September 18, 2005 10:11:10 PM

"Gary Bettan" <videoguy@videoguys.com> wrote in message
> With EDIUS NX, you're editing DV in realtime today and ready for HDV
> tomorrow!

Sorry for the double post, i didn't see this thread till now. But I
shortened this one :)

Hi Gary,

My question is if i install edius nx in a 32 bit PCI port will I still
receive the realtime
benefits of regular DV clips? I am not using HDV yet.

Your $999 price is attractive since i can probablysell my ADVC-300 for $400
to a friend or online and just
pay another $600 for the latest hardware. Just an idea.

Also how does the Edius NX board handle MPEG2 video, it doesn't have a
specific MPEG chip like the storm2 did, right?
But maybe its custom video chips handle it just as well? This is really what
I would want, faster DV to Mpeg encoding.

Thanks Gary or anyone else replying with advice,
AnthonyR.
Anonymous
September 19, 2005 3:48:04 AM

>My question is if i install edius nx in a 32 bit PCI port will I still
>receive the realtime
>benefits of regular DV clips? I am not using HDV yet.

Yes. You'll have more than enough performance for DV (assuming its a
2.4 Ghz processor or faster)

> Your $999 price is attractive since i can probablysell my ADVC-300 for $400
>to a friend or online and just pay another $600 for the latest hardware. Just an idea.

Cool! ADVC300 is a great converter, you friend is getting a great
deal.

>Also how does the Edius NX board handle MPEG2 video, it doesn't have a
>specific MPEG chip like the storm2 did, right?

Correct - that'ss becuase Edius Pro 3 can capture straight to MPEG2

>But maybe its custom video chips handle it just as well? This is really what
>I would want, faster DV to Mpeg encoding.

Procoder Xpress is a great converter and it comes witrh Edius NX. The
hardware will not help you -yet. Doewn the raod Canopus has plans for
an MPEG2 encoder card to attach to Edius NX. This card will have chips
for accelrated encoding of HD clips for HD based DVDs. All we need for
that is a standard, and then a chipset to support it ;-)

!