Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

I have an OpenVPN connection between two PCs over the Internet. I am
only able to access the server using the private LAN address of
10.8.0.1. How can I get the server to automatically "publish" it's name
to the client as if I were on the LAN? (The client is a wireless laptop
and When I'm on the LAN, I can access the server by it's name. On the
VPN I have to use the IP address.)

Thanks.

--
To reply by email remove "_nospam"

In message <1123518980.4e4201e71fed7b1f81b10e21b4a17d04@bubbanews>, Chuck
<skilover_nospam@softhome.net> wrote:

> I have an OpenVPN connection between two PCs over the Internet. I am
> only able to access the server using the private LAN address of
> 10.8.0.1. How can I get the server to automatically "publish" it's name
> to the client as if I were on the LAN? (The client is a wireless laptop
> and When I'm on the LAN, I can access the server by it's name. On the
> VPN I have to use the IP address.)

The simplest way is to use OpenVPN in a bridging configration.

--
Member AFFS, WYLUG, SWP (UK), UAF, RESPECT, StWC
OpenPGP key fingerprint: D0A6 F403 9745 CED4 6B3B 94CC 8D74 8FC9 9F7F CFE4