How to run a program remotely with a GUI?

Hi,
I am desperatly trying to do a very simple thing but I have found no
way out till now. I have installed a very CPU consuming software on my
laptop (the program is called NASA World Wind) and I would like to
capture the video output generated by this program into a MJPEG File. I
cannot do it on the same laptop because its hard disk is too slow and
also because 99% of the CPU is occupied by Nasa WW.

Therefore I'd like to connect a PC to the laptop via an ethernet
cross-cable, remotely run nasa world wind from my PC, get the output
window on my PC and capture its output via a program installed on my
PC.

So far, the only solution I've found is VNC but this program transfers
all the video output to my PC, not only the window created by the
application I run. This is bad because the refresh is too slow for me.

Is there any solution?

Thank you very much.

You can run simple stand-alone programs the way you describe, but
probably not an "installed" application like World-Wind. Why not just
install the software on the PC?

The problem is, the PC I have at home has a 1.4Ghz CPU which is not
enough for the program.
The laptop is ok for the program but the video capture program needs
more than the remaining 1% CPU to work without losing frames.

I'm stuck. What should I do?