Using Remote Desktop Connection, PLEASE HELP

August 10, 2005 10:14:03 AM

We have one server and 14 computers here at where I work. Some of the people
want to connect to their computer from home. I would like to use the remote
desktop connection integrated with windows xp just because its easy to use.

I tried to connect to my computer and got the server, how can I basically
select the computer that I want to connect to.

Thanks
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 1:12:12 PM

For one PC you need to forward/open TCP Port 3389 through any
firewall/router that front ends your office network to the public internet.
For more than one PC I suggest you setup a VPN. What type of server are you
running?

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

benefit of all of us...
rights...

"Gary" <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have one server and 14 computers here at where I work. Some of the
> people
> want to connect to their computer from home. I would like to use the
> remote
> desktop connection integrated with windows xp just because its easy to
> use.
>
> I tried to connect to my computer and got the server, how can I basically
> select the computer that I want to connect to.
>
> Thanks
August 10, 2005 1:12:13 PM

I am running Windows 2000 Server SP4.

"Sooner Al [MVP]" wrote:

> For one PC you need to forward/open TCP Port 3389 through any
> firewall/router that front ends your office network to the public internet.
> For more than one PC I suggest you setup a VPN. What type of server are you
> running?
>
> --
>
> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

> benefit of all of us...
> rights...
>

> "Gary" <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We have one server and 14 computers here at where I work. Some of the
> > people
> > want to connect to their computer from home. I would like to use the
> > remote
> > desktop connection integrated with windows xp just because its easy to
> > use.
> >
> > I tried to connect to my computer and got the server, how can I basically
> > select the computer that I want to connect to.
> >
> > Thanks

Anonymous
August 10, 2005 3:48:18 PM

I would post this question to the microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services
news group.

Good luck...

--

!