Removing the "X" from the RDC windows

August 10, 2005 11:40:04 AM

Is there a way to remoce the "X" from the RDC client windows and to force the
client to logoff the proper way?

Any help would be apreciated

More about : removing rdc windows

Anonymous
August 10, 2005 4:47:03 PM

Denis Correard wrote:
> Is there a way to remoce the "X" from the RDC client windows and to
> force the client to logoff the proper way?
>
> Any help would be apreciated

It's a window/application on their computer.
You are asking if there is a way to prevent them from closing a Window on
their computer - even by means of Task Manager?!
I wouldn't think so without changing the dll on the client's PC..

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

You can remove the X easily enough. Edit the connection and click on
the "Display" tab, set the size to "Full screen", and uncheck the
option "Display the connection bar when in full screen mode."

Perhaps by applying the right permissions, you could prevent the user
from modifying these settings, but just to state the obvious... This
won't "force" the user to log off correctly, but it might encourage
them to. :)
!