unable to log in because of account restrictrion

August 10, 2005 10:06:56 PM

Hi, I'm trying to log in to a computer using RD and I get to the log in
dialog box, but no matter what username I put in I get another box that pops
up saying "Unable to log you on because of an account restriction." Any
suggestions? Thanks! Pete
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 10:06:57 PM

Are you using an account with a password? A password is required...

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

benefit of all of us...
rights...

"Pete Stolz" <eyes_up@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> Hi, I'm trying to log in to a computer using RD and I get to the log in
> dialog box, but no matter what username I put in I get another box that
> pops up saying "Unable to log you on because of an account restriction."
> Any suggestions? Thanks! Pete

Anonymous
August 10, 2005 10:06:58 PM

I forgot to add that you also need to be an administrator or a member of the
Remote Desktop Users Group...

--

> Are you using an account with a password? A password is required...
>
> --
>
> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

> benefit of all of us...
> rights...
>

> "Pete Stolz" <eyes_up@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>> Hi, I'm trying to log in to a computer using RD and I get to the log in
>> dialog box, but no matter what username I put in I get another box that
>> pops up saying "Unable to log you on because of an account restriction."
>> Any suggestions? Thanks! Pete

Anonymous
August 11, 2005 12:18:00 AM

Hi, That was it! My account in XP Pro on the remote computer didn't have a
password. They coulda told me that was necessary. Sheesh. Thanks for your
help!
Pete