unable to log in because of account restrictrion

Hi, I'm trying to log in to a computer using RD and I get to the log in
dialog box, but no matter what username I put in I get another box that pops
up saying "Unable to log you on because of an account restriction." Any
suggestions? Thanks! Pete
3 answers Last reply
More about unable account restrictrion

    Are you using an account with a password? A password is required...

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    benefit of all of us...
    rights...

    "Pete Stolz" <eyes_up@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > Hi, I'm trying to log in to a computer using RD and I get to the log in
    > dialog box, but no matter what username I put in I get another box that
    > pops up saying "Unable to log you on because of an account restriction."
    > Any suggestions? Thanks! Pete

    I forgot to add that you also need to be an administrator or a member of the
    Remote Desktop Users Group...

    --

    > Are you using an account with a password? A password is required...
    >
    > --
    >
    > Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    > benefit of all of us...
    > rights...
    >

    > "Pete Stolz" <eyes_up@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    >> Hi, I'm trying to log in to a computer using RD and I get to the log in
    >> dialog box, but no matter what username I put in I get another box that
    >> pops up saying "Unable to log you on because of an account restriction."
    >> Any suggestions? Thanks! Pete

    Hi, That was it! My account in XP Pro on the remote computer didn't have a
    password. They coulda told me that was necessary. Sheesh. Thanks for your
    help!
    Pete

    > Are you using an account with a password? A password is required...
    >
    > --
    >
    > Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    > benefit of all of us...
    > rights...
    >

    > "Pete Stolz" <eyes_up@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    >> Hi, I'm trying to log in to a computer using RD and I get to the log in
    >> dialog box, but no matter what username I put in I get another box that
    >> pops up saying "Unable to log you on because of an account restriction."
    >> Any suggestions? Thanks! Pete

Login Microsoft Windows XP