Sony Movie Studio 4

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 21, 2005 4:48:15 PM

I have a file that I created using Movie Studio that is 4.2 Gigs (Mpeg
File) When I use DVD Architect 2.0 and I drag the file into that
program to create a dvd it shows up as 5.7 Gig, which wont fit on my
media. If I use Sonic MyDVD it is able to burn it to disk. Does
anyone know if Sonic is compressing the file more to fit 1 gig of menus
on the DVD? I can in DVD Architect shrink down the file to make it fit
but I can't beleve the title menues and stuff are 1 gig.

THanks in advance.

More about : sony movie studio

Anonymous
September 21, 2005 10:00:39 PM

Carbonite wrote:
> I have a file that I created using Movie Studio that is 4.2 Gigs (Mpeg
> File) When I use DVD Architect 2.0 and I drag the file into that
> program to create a dvd it shows up as 5.7 Gig, which wont fit on my
> media. If I use Sonic MyDVD it is able to burn it to disk. Does
> anyone know if Sonic is compressing the file more to fit 1 gig of
> menus on the DVD? I can in DVD Architect shrink down the file to
> make it fit but I can't beleve the title menues and stuff are 1 gig.
>
> THanks in advance.

DVDA is VERY conservative with its file sizes and this is a common
complaint on every Vegas forum.
As long as you're certain that it's under the DVD limit, just do the burn.

Mike