Pradeep

I am using windows XPP, how can setup VPN to connect a computer at remote
location. I have DSL connection presently. Can u help me to setup a VPN and
which hardware / router I need.

Well, you don't need to setup a VPN in order to connect from a remote site
using Remote Desktop. See this page for help...

With that said, you can if you want run RDP through a VPN or SSH tunnel for
added security. Here are some alternatives to that...

http://sshwindows.sourceforge.net/
http://www.bitvise.com/tunnelier.html

http://3sp.com/showSslExplorer.do

http://www.onecomputerguy.com/networking/xp_vpn_server.htm
http://www.onecomputerguy.com/networking/xp_vpn.htm

Personally I use the SSH method to access/control my two XP Pro desktops and
access shared files...

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

benefit of all of us...