VPN and home LAN

I am on a Win XP Home edition SP2 machine wired to my DI-524. I have a work
laptop running Win2000 Pro on the router wirelessly to a private VPN. I
would like to share files between these computers. They
cannot see each other over the LAN, I cannot ping them. I have used the
Network Setup Wizard for XP but I can't run that on the 2000 machine. The
connection to the VPN on the laptop works fine and it can see all the
workgroups on that network. I want to have a LAN between these computers. Any
help appreciated.

GTS

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2003

Do you have the same problem while the laptop is not logged into the VPN?
Have you configured any firewalls properly?
--

"kman214" <kman214@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am on a Win XP Home edition SP2 machine wired to my DI-524. I have a
> work
> laptop running Win2000 Pro on the router wirelessly to a private VPN. I
> would like to share files between these computers. They
> cannot see each other over the LAN, I cannot ping them. I have used the
> Network Setup Wizard for XP but I can't run that on the 2000 machine. The
> connection to the VPN on the laptop works fine and it can see all the
> workgroups on that network. I want to have a LAN between these computers.
> Any
> help appreciated.

I will look before connecting to the VPN, I don't think any firewalls are
blocking it. I'll check the router firewall.