how to find out if my ISP blocks ports?

Whatever I do, I am unable to setup a remote desktop connection over the
internet between two winXP computers. One is connected through ADSL of
hccnet.nl the other through wanadoo.nl. I begin to suspect that wanadoo is
blocking port 3389 irrespective of all my efforts to have this port open in
firewalls and have it forwarded by routers. How can I test that this the case?
2 answers Last reply
More about find blocks ports

    Have you called "wanadoo" customer support?

    Otherwise, on the PC that uses wanadoo as the ISP go to the
    http://www.canyouseeme.org and see if the test passes. This presumes you
    have port forwarding setup correctly on any firewall/NAT/router that is
    between the PC and the ISP.

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    benefit of all of us...
    rights...

    aner1963 wrote:
    > Whatever I do, I am unable to setup a remote desktop connection over
    > the internet between two winXP computers. One is connected through
    > ADSL of hccnet.nl the other through wanadoo.nl. I begin to suspect
    > that wanadoo is blocking port 3389 irrespective of all my efforts to
    > have this port open in firewalls and have it forwarded by routers.
    > How can I test that this the case?

    Ask?

    --
    Shenan Stanley