how to find out if my ISP blocks ports?

Whatever I do, I am unable to setup a remote desktop connection over the
internet between two winXP computers. One is connected through ADSL of
hccnet.nl the other through wanadoo.nl. I begin to suspect that wanadoo is
blocking port 3389 irrespective of all my efforts to have this port open in
firewalls and have it forwarded by routers. How can I test that this the case?

Have you called "wanadoo" customer support?

Otherwise, on the PC that uses wanadoo as the ISP go to the
http://www.canyouseeme.org and see if the test passes. This presumes you
have port forwarding setup correctly on any firewall/NAT/router that is
between the PC and the ISP.

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

benefit of all of us...
rights...

aner1963 wrote:
> Whatever I do, I am unable to setup a remote desktop connection over
> the internet between two winXP computers. One is connected through
> ADSL of hccnet.nl the other through wanadoo.nl. I begin to suspect
> that wanadoo is blocking port 3389 irrespective of all my efforts to
> have this port open in firewalls and have it forwarded by routers.
> How can I test that this the case?

Ask?

--
Shenan Stanley