new-age Asus A8n SLI Delux mobo and RT2500

VINOD

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2004

Hi,

Do you think I can get these to work together?

Until there is a better option (PCI-X and 64-bit)...

Current config:

Athlon64 3200+
2 GB RAM
GeForce PCIx 128MB video card
lots of hard drive space

-vin

<vinod@soundtrane.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Do you think I can get these to work together?
>
> Until there is a better option (PCI-X and 64-bit)...
>
> Current config:
>
> Athlon64 3200+
> 2 GB RAM
> GeForce PCIx 128MB video card
> lots of hard drive space
>
> -vin

Have a caution, Vin. I have been struggling to get a sound card to work in
a new computer with Athlon64 3200+, 1 GB Ram, GeForce PCIx 128 MB video
card, and an ABIT motherboard, running 32 bit Windows Home SP2.

The Asus motherboard may not have the same problems.

More on my problem.... Neither a Digital Audio Labs CardDeluxe nor an Echo
Mia will work in this system. Both cards install, but crash the computer
after a few seconds of playing a sound file. I mean the sound file plays
just fine for less than a minute, then causes a crash. On a couple of tries
I was able to play a sound file for longer and stop play. Then, when trying
to play a second time, the computer immediately crashed. Identical
circumstances for both of these audio cards. I was able to install a
Soundblaster Audigy card, which operates properly. I have had extensive
conversations with Digital Audio Labs (great customer service). This is a
mystery to them. They believe that their drivers are solid for 64 bit
Windows, and they have not had any other similar issues reported. It may be
unique to this combination of processor, motherboard, and chipset.

I've decided that I have reached the limit of time and money in trying to
make this work. I'm moving on to a Firewire or USB interface, because the
computer is otherwise a very fast machine.

Steve King