Hi Everyone.
I hope you can help me with my problem
I have a workgroup set up with 5 workstations using windos XP pro.
I tried to manage the other 4 computer from my workstation. After I select
the computer I want to manage I tried to open the Event Viewer folder, Share
folder, Local user and groups, performance log or services and everytime I
get the following popup message
Unable to connect to computer "PC1". The error was:
Access Denied.

I tried using the administrator account from the PC1 workstation and I still
get that message..

Is there other settings that I need to set before I can use this tool or
does this feature only works if the workstations are in a domain and not in
a workgroup.
Please help.

I can not come up with anything else.
Thanks.

Nino Chavez wrote:
> Hi Everyone.
> I hope you can help me with my problem
> I have a workgroup set up with 5 workstations using windos XP pro.
> I tried to manage the other 4 computer from my workstation. After I
> select the computer I want to manage I tried to open the Event Viewer
> folder, Share folder, Local user and groups, performance log or
> services and everytime I get the following popup message
> Unable to connect to computer "PC1". The error was:
> Access Denied.
>
> I tried using the administrator account from the PC1 workstation and
> I still get that message..
>
> Is there other settings that I need to set before I can use this tool
> or does this feature only works if the workstations are in a domain
> and not in a workgroup.
> Please help.

Simple File Sharing turned off?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

They are enabled.
I tried disabling it and I still got the same error.
Any more suggestions ?

> Nino Chavez wrote:
>> Hi Everyone.
>> I hope you can help me with my problem
>> I have a workgroup set up with 5 workstations using windos XP pro.
>> I tried to manage the other 4 computer from my workstation. After I
>> select the computer I want to manage I tried to open the Event Viewer
>> folder, Share folder, Local user and groups, performance log or
>> services and everytime I get the following popup message
>> Unable to connect to computer "PC1". The error was:
>> Access Denied.
>>
>> I tried using the administrator account from the PC1 workstation and
>> I still get that message..
>>
>> Is there other settings that I need to set before I can use this tool
>> or does this feature only works if the workstations are in a domain
>> and not in a workgroup.
>> Please help.
>
> Simple File Sharing turned off?
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

matt

do you have a password on the administrator's account?
"Nino Chavez" <ninoch@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> They are enabled.
> I tried disabling it and I still got the same error.
> Any more suggestions ?
>

> "Shenan Stanley" <newshelper@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Nino Chavez wrote:
> >> Hi Everyone.
> >> I hope you can help me with my problem
> >> I have a workgroup set up with 5 workstations using windos XP pro.
> >> I tried to manage the other 4 computer from my workstation. After I
> >> select the computer I want to manage I tried to open the Event Viewer
> >> folder, Share folder, Local user and groups, performance log or
> >> services and everytime I get the following popup message
> >> Unable to connect to computer "PC1". The error was:
> >> Access Denied.
> >>
> >> I tried using the administrator account from the PC1 workstation and
> >> I still get that message..
> >>
> >> Is there other settings that I need to set before I can use this tool
> >> or does this feature only works if the workstations are in a domain
> >> and not in a workgroup.
> >> Please help.
> >
> > Simple File Sharing turned off?
> >
> > --