manage computers

August 13, 2005 12:52:21 AM

Hi Everyone.
I hope you can help me with my problem
I have a workgroup set up with 5 workstations using windos XP pro.
I tried to manage the other 4 computer from my workstation. After I select
the computer I want to manage I tried to open the Event Viewer folder, Share
folder, Local user and groups, performance log or services and everytime I
get the following popup message
Unable to connect to computer "PC1". The error was:
Access Denied.

I tried using the administrator account from the PC1 workstation and I still
get that message..

Is there other settings that I need to set before I can use this tool or
does this feature only works if the workstations are in a domain and not in
a workgroup.
Please help.

I can not come up with anything else.
Thanks.

More about : manage computers

Anonymous
August 13, 2005 12:52:22 AM

Nino Chavez wrote:
> Hi Everyone.
> I hope you can help me with my problem
> I have a workgroup set up with 5 workstations using windos XP pro.
> I tried to manage the other 4 computer from my workstation. After I
> select the computer I want to manage I tried to open the Event Viewer
> folder, Share folder, Local user and groups, performance log or
> services and everytime I get the following popup message
> Unable to connect to computer "PC1". The error was:
> Access Denied.
>
> I tried using the administrator account from the PC1 workstation and
> I still get that message..
>
> Is there other settings that I need to set before I can use this tool
> or does this feature only works if the workstations are in a domain
> and not in a workgroup.
> Please help.
>
> I can not come up with anything else.

Why the double (25+ minute apart) posting?

Simple File Sharing off?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP