Closed

"Log on to Windows" password

August 14, 2005 6:08:01 AM

I am new to this remote desktop. Have everything set up but I do not know the
password that is prompted on the log on window. I do not know which password
it would be as I do not have a password assigned to my user name on the
computer I am trying to access. How can I reset or find this??

More about : log windows password

Anonymous
August 14, 2005 8:59:42 AM

You need to assign a password to the account you use to sign in with Remote
Desktop. That is a requirement... Go to "Start -> Help and Support" and
search on the string "password" for help assigning a user password. Note the
user must also be an administrator or a member of the Remote Desktop Users
Group.

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

benefit of all of us...
rights...

>I am new to this remote desktop. Have everything set up but I do not know
>the
> password that is prompted on the log on window. I do not know which
> password
> it would be as I do not have a password assigned to my user name on the
> computer I am trying to access. How can I reset or find this??

Anonymous
August 14, 2005 3:32:11 PM

Chris wrote:
> I am new to this remote desktop. Have everything set up but I do not
> know the password that is prompted on the log on window. I do not
> know which password it would be as I do not have a password assigned
> to my user name on the computer I am trying to access. How can I
> reset or find this??

You assign a password to your user.
You need a password on the user who will be using remote desktop.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Also, you can adjust the groups that can login to RDP via the Local Security
Policy. It defaults to Administrators/RDP Users; I recommend removing
Administrators, as it isn't generally a good idea to allow a remote user
into the system with administrative priveliges.
August 16, 2005 1:47:01 AM

Thanks for all the tips. Everythings working great!!

"Chris" wrote:

> I am new to this remote desktop. Have everything set up but I do not know the
> password that is prompted on the log on window. I do not know which password
> it would be as I do not have a password assigned to my user name on the
> computer I am trying to access. How can I reset or find this??

November 29, 2011 6:11:37 AM

If you want to reset windows password, there are many third party tools can help you if you have lost windows password. Just download and install it, you can remove and reset windows password instantly. I recommend you use this: http://www.passwordseeker.com Good luck !
November 29, 2011 11:41:26 PM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
!