PC Chips bought Elite?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

My supplier says that PC Chips just bought
elitegroup.

Any truth to this?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

It's the same.
Same motherboards, same BIOS, same problems, same quality...

--
Desde Cancun, Mexico
KURIAKI

BIOS Support: http://www.supportbios.info/Default2.asp?Idioma=EN

"Viet-Nam Veteran" <vietnam_vet@swpa.net> wrote in message news:f3194766.0405020637.5d86a7b1@posting.google.com...
> My supplier says that PC Chips just bought
> elitegroup.
>
> Any truth to this?

jt

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

On 2 May 2004 07:37:33 -0700, vietnam_vet@swpa.net (Viet-Nam Veteran)
wrote:

>My supplier says that PC Chips just bought
>elitegroup.
>
>Any truth to this?

Elite and PC Chips have been connected for years. It is very confusing on
the organization of the Taiwan, Chinese computer industry. There have been
some interviews and stories on Toms hardware, including a factory tour.
Elite Group manufacturs for a number of companies including ABit, HP, and
PCChips. There are different levels of QA for each customer from what I
read. I think that Elite is actually a part owner/member of the PCChips
consortium, but I might be confused there.

JT

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

It there is any non-truth to the statement, it would be that this
happened recently, as the relationship between ECS and PCChips is
quite old now.

--
Best regards,
Kyle

JT <spam@dcplus.dyndns.info> wrote in message news:<a05cac188229b160bf0e6a1f98f9d322@news.teranews.com>...
> On 2 May 2004 07:37:33 -0700, vietnam_vet@swpa.net (Viet-Nam Veteran)
> wrote:
>
> >My supplier says that PC Chips just bought
> >elitegroup.
> >
> >Any truth to this?
>
> Elite and PC Chips have been connected for years. It is very confusing on
> the organization of the Taiwan, Chinese computer industry. There have been
> some interviews and stories on Toms hardware, including a factory tour.
> Elite Group manufacturs for a number of companies including ABit, HP, and
> PCChips. There are different levels of QA for each customer from what I
> read. I think that Elite is actually a part owner/member of the PCChips
> consortium, but I might be confused there.
>
> JT

O.K., so if Elite Group is the manufacturer then why are their
Motherboards so expensive, relatively? I heard from this guy
http://swpa.net/BTD.html
that it was HP who was causing all if the problems.
Look here http://www.belka.com/index.php?what=motherboardsduron
and you can see their motherbords are MORE expensive than PC Chips
???????

| JT <spam@dcplus.dyndns.info> wrote in message
| > On 2 May 2004 07:37:33 -0700, vietnam_vet@swpa.net (Viet-Nam
Veteran)
| > wrote:
| >
| > >My supplier says that PC Chips just bought
| > >elitegroup.
| > >
| > >Any truth to this?
| >
| > Elite and PC Chips have been connected for years. It is very
confusing on
| > the organization of the Taiwan, Chinese computer industry. There
have been
| > some interviews and stories on Toms hardware, including a factory
tour.
| > Elite Group manufacturs for a number of companies including ABit,
HP, and
| > PCChips. There are different levels of QA for each customer from
what I
| > read. I think that Elite is actually a part owner/member of the
PCChips
| > consortium, but I might be confused there.
| >
| > JT
|

| O.K., so if Elite Group is the manufacturer then why are their
| Motherboards so expensive, relatively? I heard from this guy
| http://swpa.net/BTD.html
| that it was HP who was causing all if the problems.
| Look here http://www.belka.com/index.php?what=motherboardsduron
| and you can see their motherbords are MORE expensive than PC Chips
| ???????

You're comparing apples and oranges there, the boards listed all use
different CPUs, with the ECS boards coming with higher priced CPUs
compared to the PCChips board.