The famous "the client could not connect to the remote com..

Hello All,

I have been trying for some time now to try to connect to my home
computer from a computer outside my home wireless network, but to no
avail. I have a D-Link router and I setup Remote Desktop as a virtual
server on the router. Everything that I can think of is enabled.
Windows Firewall is set up so that it will open up port 3389.
Everything under the Remote tab under the System Properties is checked.
The Terminal Services service is started. I do not know where else to
look to get this to work. Please help! Thanks for your time!
5 answers Last reply
More about famous client connect remote

    From the PC you want to connect to, run the http://www.canyouseeme.org test.
    Does it pass? If not then its a port forwarding issue with your router.

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    benefit of all of us...
    rights...

    <mjhaddad@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hello All,
    >
    > I have been trying for some time now to try to connect to my home
    > computer from a computer outside my home wireless network, but to no
    > avail. I have a D-Link router and I setup Remote Desktop as a virtual
    > server on the router. Everything that I can think of is enabled.
    > Windows Firewall is set up so that it will open up port 3389.
    > Everything under the Remote tab under the System Properties is checked.
    > The Terminal Services service is started. I do not know where else to
    > look to get this to work. Please help! Thanks for your time!

    Al,

    Thank you for your reply! I ran the test and I got the following:

    Error: I could not see your service on xx.xxx.xx.xxx on port (3389)
    Reason: Connection timed out

    Now that we know it failed, what is the resolution? Please help again.
    Thanks!

    It comes down to a port forwarding issue in the router.

    What router?

    http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm

    --

    > Al,
    >
    > Thank you for your reply! I ran the test and I got the following:
    >
    > Error: I could not see your service on xx.xxx.xx.xxx on port (3389)
    > Reason: Connection timed out
    >
    > Now that we know it failed, what is the resolution? Please help again.
    > Thanks!

    It is a D-Link 614+ and I went to the web site and tried all of what
    they said and it still didn't work. Still wondering what is wrong...
    Thank you for your help!

    Sorry, I mean a D-Link DI-614+. Thanks!

Connection Windows XP