bios recovery on DR737 motherboard

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.micron,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard,intel.motherboards.pentium_ii,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

Hello,

We have a Micron Millennium system with the DR737 motherboard. While
attempting to upgrade the BIOS, the incorrect flash disk was used and
locked up in the middle of the re-programming process. Now the system
will not POST (we turn the system on, but there is no signal to the
monitor) and seems dead. We noticed a "bios recovery" jumper on the
motherboard. We've tried setting this jumper to "on". So far we have
not been able to recover the BIOS in any way. Can anybody tell me for
sure if there is a way to recover it at this point, using this jumper
or another method???

I saw another post with this same mobo but there was not a solution
posted.

Thanks a lot for all feedback!
--
Chris

"Chris Szilagyi" <chris@groupinfo.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> We have a Micron Millennium system with the DR737 motherboard. While
> attempting to upgrade the BIOS, the incorrect flash disk was used and
> locked up in the middle of the re-programming process. Now the system
> will not POST (we turn the system on, but there is no signal to the
> monitor) and seems dead. We noticed a "bios recovery" jumper on the
> motherboard. We've tried setting this jumper to "on". So far we have
> not been able to recover the BIOS in any way. Can anybody tell me for
> sure if there is a way to recover it at this point, using this jumper
> or another method???
>
> I saw another post with this same mobo but there was not a solution
> posted.
>
> Thanks a lot for all feedback!
> --
> Chris

You can try a boot block recovery. At this point you have nothing to lose.
The following links give decent instructions, just remember if you don't
have an ISA video card, you won't see anything on the screen while this
works. Enable the jumper when you boot from the floppy.

http://tinyurl.com/2srll

Or this one:

http://www.sysopt.com/articles/recoverbios/

If this fails, you can purchase a new BIOS from

http://www.badflash.com

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.micron,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard,intel.motherboards.pentium_ii,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

If all else fails, I have a tested and fully working spare DR737 board here. It
came out a system that was cannibalized for parts. Available for short money.
Also a few other micro ATX boards with faster CPUs, but those would require
adjusting the operating system to match the different chipsets on a replacement
board. Let me know. I trust you can figure out my real email address. Heaven
knows, spammers do pretty well... Ben Myers

wrote:

>Hello,
>
>We have a Micron Millennium system with the DR737 motherboard. While
>attempting to upgrade the BIOS, the incorrect flash disk was used and
>locked up in the middle of the re-programming process. Now the system
>will not POST (we turn the system on, but there is no signal to the
>monitor) and seems dead. We noticed a "bios recovery" jumper on the
>motherboard. We've tried setting this jumper to "on". So far we have
>not been able to recover the BIOS in any way. Can anybody tell me for
>sure if there is a way to recover it at this point, using this jumper
>or another method???
>
>I saw another post with this same mobo but there was not a solution
>posted.
>
>Thanks a lot for all feedback!

If the chip is removeable, you can remove it and program it elsewhere.

Some BIOSes have an emergency recover procedure (you have to have the
exact files on the floppy in a particular manner, and hit a particular
key sequence for it to work.)

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.micron,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard,intel.motherboards.pentium_ii,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

Try flashbios.org : they fix almost every biosproblem very fast and almost
for nothing....

Regards,

Guppie

"Chris Szilagyi" <chris@groupinfo.com> schreef in bericht