Standby on a desktop computer?

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
June 23, 2004 5:13:58 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard (More info?)

Recently test standby on my WinXP desktop computer, all look good. All
the fan (CPU, video card and system fans) were stop. However, I wonder
what is the power source for the standby mode? does it consume power
from the tiny battery on mainboard? or draw little power from
powersupply???
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 23, 2004 6:09:22 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard (More info?)

On 23 Jun 2004 01:13:58 -0700, douglaslai@hotmail.com (Douglas Lai)
wrote:

>Recently test standby on my WinXP desktop computer, all look good. All
>the fan (CPU, video card and system fans) were stop. However, I wonder
>what is the power source for the standby mode? does it consume power
>from the tiny battery on mainboard? or draw little power from
>powersupply???

It draws a low-power trickle from the power supply. I doubt
the BIOS battery could run the computer for even a millisecond.

Neil Nadelman arvy@navzr-genafyngbe.pbz (ROT13)
I have no fears in life,
for I have already survived Theta-G!
!