Standby on a desktop computer?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard (More info?)

Recently test standby on my WinXP desktop computer, all look good. All
the fan (CPU, video card and system fans) were stop. However, I wonder
what is the power source for the standby mode? does it consume power
from the tiny battery on mainboard? or draw little power from
powersupply???
1 answer Last reply
More about standby desktop computer
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard (More info?)

    On 23 Jun 2004 01:13:58 -0700, douglaslai@hotmail.com (Douglas Lai)
    wrote:

    >Recently test standby on my WinXP desktop computer, all look good. All
    >the fan (CPU, video card and system fans) were stop. However, I wonder
    >what is the power source for the standby mode? does it consume power
    >from the tiny battery on mainboard? or draw little power from
    >powersupply???

    It draws a low-power trickle from the power supply. I doubt
    the BIOS battery could run the computer for even a millisecond.

    Neil Nadelman arvy@navzr-genafyngbe.pbz (ROT13)
    I have no fears in life,
    for I have already survived Theta-G!

Motherboards Desktops Computer