My network consist of 1 server, 1 desktop, and 1 wireless network. The server
is running Server 2003, Desktop and Laptop are running XP Pro SP2. All of
them have Remote desktop enabled and they are all password protected. When i
go to http://www.myurl.com/tsweb (port 3389 is open on both utp and tcp...do
i need them both?...they are forwarded on my linksys wrt54g to my server at
192.169.1.5 which is running IIS 6), i used to be able to type in "server" if
i wanted to connect to the server, "laptop01" if i wanted to connect to the
laptop, or "office1" if i wanted to connect to the office desktop. nowadays,
that doesnt work. can someone please explain to me what i would have to do to
get this to work again? Thanks

Maybe create a hosts file that maps the alias to the local LAN IP? Also make
sure NetBIOS is enabled over TCP/IP on each of the devices.

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

benefit of all of us...
rights...