nForce2 dual memory

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard (More info?)

Can I use an nForce2 mainboard with a single bank of DDRRAM (albeit with
lower graphics performance than with two banks) or will it only work
with two banks i.e. dual channel memory configuration?

On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 08:27:09 +0100, FP wrote:

> Can I use an nForce2 mainboard with a single bank of DDRRAM (albeit with
> lower graphics performance than with two banks) or will it only work
> with two banks i.e. dual channel memory configuration?

You can use one. Won't affect you much unless you have the built in video
chipset. Then you can still use just one but 2 is much faster.