Printing through remote desktop

August 26, 2005 2:44:01 PM

after making sure that print is checked in the local resources tab for
remote desktop, I connected to a remote machine through remote desktop (both
machines are xp pro). I try print a document in the remote desktop session by
going to file>> print but I am only able to print to the remote computer's
printers and not to printers on the computer that I am working on.

The local printer(printer of the computer that I am working on) is a
laserjet that is connected through USB.

Is there anything that I am missing that I should check? please help.

Thanks
Anonymous
September 3, 2005 12:27:59 PM

I have found that installing the Print Driver on the Host Machine works
sometimes.

"vureal" <vureal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> after making sure that print is checked in the local resources tab for
> remote desktop, I connected to a remote machine through remote desktop
> (both
> machines are xp pro). I try print a document in the remote desktop session
> by
> going to file>> print but I am only able to print to the remote computer's
> printers and not to printers on the computer that I am working on.
>
> The local printer(printer of the computer that I am working on) is a
> laserjet that is connected through USB.
>
> Is there anything that I am missing that I should check? please help.
>
> Thanks

July 28, 2011 12:46:09 PM

Printing throuhg remote desktop was allways complicated, for my opinion, best solution is use comercial solution.
We are using TSPrint from http://terminalworks.com
This solution is driver less.
!