Remote desktop connection between Windows XP Professional ..

When I try to connect remotely either way I get the message "the specified
remote computer can not be found". Both computers are connected to a SMC
7004VBR router. I am using a DSL connection. I am trying to remotely connect
with a Windows 95 4.00.9950 B. IE 4.04.71.1712.6 from a Windows XP
Professional machine with SP 2. I can ping both from either direction ok. In
the Remote Desktop Connection window when I hit the arrow to browse for more
computers, only my workgroup comes up on both computers. When I click on the
workgroup this message comes up "
the MSHOME workgroup does not contain any Terminal Servers".
Any help would be appreciated. Please identify your source if possible.
--
Ed
1 answer Last reply

    See this page for help with Remote Desktop...

    http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/LAN/The_Illustrated_Network.html

    You can not browse for RD hosts in a work group environment.

    If you want to remotely access the Windows 95 machine from the XP machine
    look at using UltraVNC as an alternative...

    http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    benefit of all of us...
    rights...

    "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I try to connect remotely either way I get the message "the specified
    > remote computer can not be found". Both computers are connected to a SMC
    > 7004VBR router. I am using a DSL connection. I am trying to remotely
    > connect
    > with a Windows 95 4.00.9950 B. IE 4.04.71.1712.6 from a Windows XP
    > Professional machine with SP 2. I can ping both from either direction ok.
    > In
    > the Remote Desktop Connection window when I hit the arrow to browse for
    > more
    > computers, only my workgroup comes up on both computers. When I click on
    > the
    > workgroup this message comes up "
    > the MSHOME workgroup does not contain any Terminal Servers".
    > Any help would be appreciated. Please identify your source if possible.
    > --
    > Ed

Remote Desktop Connection Computers Windows XP