Remote desktop connection between Windows XP Professional ..

August 27, 2005 2:59:02 PM

When I try to connect remotely either way I get the message "the specified
remote computer can not be found". Both computers are connected to a SMC
7004VBR router. I am using a DSL connection. I am trying to remotely connect
with a Windows 95 4.00.9950 B. IE 4.04.71.1712.6 from a Windows XP
Professional machine with SP 2. I can ping both from either direction ok. In
the Remote Desktop Connection window when I hit the arrow to browse for more
computers, only my workgroup comes up on both computers. When I click on the
workgroup this message comes up "
the MSHOME workgroup does not contain any Terminal Servers".
Any help would be appreciated. Please identify your source if possible.
--
Ed
Anonymous

See this page for help with Remote Desktop...

http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/LAN/The_Illustrat...

You can not browse for RD hosts in a work group environment.

If you want to remotely access the Windows 95 machine from the XP machine
look at using UltraVNC as an alternative...

http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

benefit of all of us...