Solved

DOS not Working + Another Problem

I have Windows 7 Home Premium. My specs are i5 760,ATI Radeon 5770 HD,1 tb HDD & 4 GB Ram. There was some problem with my Samsung Kies 2.0, so I uninstall ed it & installed the previous version. But sumhow after that my DOS is not working. There was some problem with my Windows 7 system file but Quick Heal solved it. But now my DOS is not working. This error of 0xc0000142 appears whenever I try to open it. I cant solve it. Please help.

Another problem, it takes a lot of time to refresh after start up. The icons take a decade to appear after the 1st refresh. But after that its ok. I have 4gb DDR3 ram, I don't think it should take such long time just to refresh. What can be the problem & the solution ?
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about working problem
  1. some1 help me plzzzz......
  2. What is your 'DOS'?
  3. Best answer
    Try doing a repair install. Some system files have gone missing or have got corrupted.
  4. WR2 said:
    What is your 'DOS'?

Its MS DOS. Like if I wanna run cmd, that error comes. Any ms dos related programs wont run.
  5. Look in the \Windows\System32\ folder for the file named cmd.exe
    Did you find it there?
  6. WR2 said:
    Look in the \Windows\System32\ folder for the file named cmd.exe
    Did you find it there?

Yup its there.....but when I double clicked on it, the same error comes. 0xc0000142. It just wont start. I cant do any DOS commands or pings anymore. Whats the problem ? How can I solve it ?
  7. Best answer selected by rajarshi10.
  8. rajarshi10 said:
    Yup its there.....but when I double clicked on it, the same error comes. 0xc0000142. It just wont start. I cant do any DOS commands or pings anymore. Whats the problem ? How can I solve it ?
Ask a new question

Read More

DOS Windows 7