VIA EPIA MII 1200 MoBo & Linux

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard,comp.os.linux,comp.os.linux.hardware (More info?)

Hi,

Can anyone recommend the easiest Linux distro to install on a PC built
around the VIA EPIA MII 1200 MoBo (also using: Pioneer 107D DVD-RW, 512 DDR
RAM, 80 Gig HD). I've toyed a little with Linux in the past but I'm a bit
concerned about being able to get all the correct drivers installed &
working OK, if anyone can give me some advice I'd really appreciate it.

Jase.

ray

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2001

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 15:30:26 +0000, Jason wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can anyone recommend the easiest Linux distro to install on a PC built
> around the VIA EPIA MII 1200 MoBo (also using: Pioneer 107D DVD-RW, 512 DDR
> RAM, 80 Gig HD). I've toyed a little with Linux in the past but I'm a bit
> concerned about being able to get all the correct drivers installed &
> working OK, if anyone can give me some advice I'd really appreciate it.
>
> Jase.

I'm running Mandrake 9.1 on a via epia m10k. Using the via video driver,
longhaul, sensors, etc.

Jason wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can anyone recommend the easiest Linux distro to install on a PC built
> around the VIA EPIA MII 1200 MoBo (also using: Pioneer 107D DVD-RW, 512 DDR
> RAM, 80 Gig HD). I've toyed a little with Linux in the past but I'm a bit
> concerned about being able to get all the correct drivers installed &
> working OK, if anyone can give me some advice I'd really appreciate it.
>
> Jase.

Depending on what you want to use it for, take a look at *freepia*.
(www.freepia.org)
A set-top box for movies and music for the Epia boards - all in one.

Other than that, for a real distro I of course recommend Gentoo.

The one real OS ;-)

All your bits are belong to us - again.