Can't get Windows95 to access printer & files on a Windows..

Ed

I can't get Windows95 to access the printer and files on a Windows XP
Professional SP 2 machine. I am using Window95 4.00.950 B. IE 4.04.71.1712.6.
I can access the files on the Windows95 computer from the Windows XP
computer. Both computers are attached to a SMC 7004VBR router. I am using a
DSL connection. Both computers are seen on network neighborhood on the
Windows95 computer. But I can not access the WindowsXP computer. I get the
following message "---is not accessible. No permission to access resource". I
can ping the XP computer from the 95 computer.

Any help would be appreciated. Please identify your sources.
--
Ed

Ed wrote:
> I can't get Windows95 to access the printer and files on a Windows XP
> Professional SP 2 machine. I am using Window95 4.00.950 B. IE
> 4.04.71.1712.6. I can access the files on the Windows95 computer from
> the Windows XP computer. Both computers are attached to a SMC 7004VBR
> router. I am using a DSL connection. Both computers are seen on
> network neighborhood on the Windows95 computer. But I can not access
> the WindowsXP computer. I get the following message "---is not
> accessible. No permission to access resource". I can ping the XP
> computer from the 95 computer.
>
> Any help would be appreciated. Please identify your sources.

Is the username/password on the Windows 95 machine the same as on the
Windows XP machine and/or does the user on the Windows 95 machine have the
proper access for the shares/files/folders on the Windows XP machine?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP