standard 15 pin game port joystick to a com or parallel po..

Simon

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2001
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard (More info?)

I understand that usb is the way to go but is it possible to rewire a
standard 15 pin game port joystick to a com or parallel port?

I've got a Wingman light joystick but ive no game port slot to plug it into,
So i would like to rewire the plug so i can plug it into a com or parallel
port.

My System is:
Time Computer System
O.S Windows XP Home Ed
2.2 Athlon xp
1Gb ram
Not sure what motherboard its got but its got no game port!

TIA
Regards
Simon

"Simon" <si.chilcott@NOSPAMMbtinternet.com> wrote in message news:ch2kql$155$2@sparta.btinternet.com...
>I understand that usb is the way to go but is it possible to rewire a
> standard 15 pin game port joystick to a com or parallel port?

No! They are three competely different electrical interfaces and not
interchangeable.

> I've got a Wingman light joystick but ive no game port slot to plug it into,
> So i would like to rewire the plug so i can plug it into a com or parallel
> port.

You posted this in the Gigabyte newsgroup, is it possible you have a
game port adapter on the motherboard and just no adapter for it? If so,
then you can buy the parts and make an adpater that can be wired to
the game port header on the motherboard.

Next time you have a question that you plan on posting to multiple
newsgroups, crosspost it to no more than three newsgroups and
include 1 of those as the follow up newsgroup for replies. This allows
newsreaders to mark it read in all newsgroups instead of just the one
where it was read.

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
http://www.faqs.org/usenet