XP Home - Remote Assistance auto connect?

I would like to control a XP HOME PC across the internet from another
XP HOME PC. Both PC's are connected via ADSL with a 1Mb downlink/256kb
uplink connection.

Both PC's have static IP addresses. I have configured the firewalls on
each machine to allow access to remote assistant. I have managed to get
the "Ask for Remote assistant" to work successfully using Messenger.

I would ideally like to take control of the remote computer
automatically with out the remote user having to send me an invitation.
I would also like to automatically "Take Control" with out the user
having to press "Take Control". Is this possible with Remote
assistance?

Alternatively I could write a program to create an invitation on the
remote PC and email it to be each month. Is this possible?

I also have VNC setup and this works but is alot slower than the remote
assistant connection. VNC automatically connects but screen refresh is
very slow. (I am using the latest TightVNC for the server and client.)

Thanks,

Matt
---
Remove SPAM trap if replying directly.

What you want to do is not possible with Remote Assistance.

Look at UltraVNC as an alternative. I find it to be quite responsive over
broadband data links particularly if you disable the rendering of the remote
VNC host/server PC desktop wallpaper and use the optional XP video driver on
the remote VNC host/server PC.

http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/

Use the included encryption plug-in if you use this over the public internet
or run UltraVNC through a VPN or SSH tunnel for security. In all cases use a
"strong password"...

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

benefit of all of us...
rights...

"Matthew Bailey" <matt-news@kascader.co.uk> wrote in message
>I would like to control a XP HOME PC across the internet from another
> XP HOME PC. Both PC's are connected via ADSL with a 1Mb downlink/256kb
> uplink connection.
>
> Both PC's have static IP addresses. I have configured the firewalls on
> each machine to allow access to remote assistant. I have managed to get
> the "Ask for Remote assistant" to work successfully using Messenger.
>
> I would ideally like to take control of the remote computer
> automatically with out the remote user having to send me an invitation.
> I would also like to automatically "Take Control" with out the user
> having to press "Take Control". Is this possible with Remote
> assistance?
>
> Alternatively I could write a program to create an invitation on the
> remote PC and email it to be each month. Is this possible?
>
> I also have VNC setup and this works but is alot slower than the remote
> assistant connection. VNC automatically connects but screen refresh is
> very slow. (I am using the latest TightVNC for the server and client.)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt
> ---
> Remove SPAM trap if replying directly.

Thanks for the advice. I will install UltraVNC and give that a try.

Cheers,

Matt