Get CPU temp from K8V Deluxe?

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
September 16, 2004 2:41:41 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

Hello everyone.

I've been trying to find any program that will let me monitor my CPU
temperature on my ASUS K8V Deluxe board. I know the board has built in
sensors, but I can't seem to find any program that will read that
information.

Can anyone give me a hand here?

Thx

More about : cpu temp k8v deluxe

September 16, 2004 4:20:06 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

In article <4148fd68$0$2670$61fed72c@news.rcn.com>, "Josh Stedman"
<groups@steddyj.mailcan.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone.
>
> I've been trying to find any program that will let me monitor my CPU
> temperature on my ASUS K8V Deluxe board. I know the board has built in
> sensors, but I can't seem to find any program that will read that
> information.
>
> Can anyone give me a hand here?
>
> Thx

Section 5.3.3 of the manual - Asus Probe ?
Does it work ?

Paul
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
September 16, 2004 8:37:30 AM

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 22:41:41 -0400, Josh Stedman wrote:

> I've been trying to find any program that will let me monitor my CPU
> temperature on my ASUS K8V Deluxe board. I know the board has built in
> sensors, but I can't seem to find any program that will read that
> information.
>
> Can anyone give me a hand here?

What OS? Asus probably provides one for windows on the Install CD(s). In
Linux load lm_sensors and run sensors-detect. There should be something in
the manual about the sensor chip(s) used. if not contact Asus and ask
them. Here's a list of the more common sensor chips used;

adm1021, adm1024, adm1025, adm1026, adm9240, asb100, bmcsensors, bt869,
ddcmon, ds1307, ds1621, eeprom, fscher, fscpos, fscscy, gl518sm, gl520sm,
icspll, it87, lm75, lm78, lm80, lm83, lm85, lm87, lm90, lm92, ltc1710,
matorb, max6650, maxilife, MODPARMS, mtp008, pcf8574, pcf8591, saa1064,
sis5595, smartbatt, smbus-arp, smsc47m1, SUMMARY, thmc50, via686a, vt1211,
vt8231, w83627hf, w83781d, w83l785ts, xeontemp

a b V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
September 16, 2004 8:42:49 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 22:41:41 -0400, "Josh Stedman"
<groups@steddyj.mailcan.com> wrote:

>Hello everyone.
>
>I've been trying to find any program that will let me monitor my CPU
>temperature on my ASUS K8V Deluxe board. I know the board has built in
>sensors, but I can't seem to find any program that will read that
>information.
>
>Can anyone give me a hand here?
>
>Thx

The latest Motherboard Monitor (5.3.7.0) will monitor your KV8.
http://mbm.livewiredev.com/download.html
September 17, 2004 4:48:46 AM

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 04:42:49 GMT, Pete Gray <pg4@pg4.net> wrote:

>On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 22:41:41 -0400, "Josh Stedman"
><groups@steddyj.mailcan.com> wrote:
>
>>Hello everyone.
>>
>>I've been trying to find any program that will let me monitor my CPU
>>temperature on my ASUS K8V Deluxe board. I know the board has built in
>>sensors, but I can't seem to find any program that will read that
>>information.
>>
>>Can anyone give me a hand here?
>>
>>Thx
>>

>The latest Motherboard Monitor (5.3.7.0) will monitor your KV8.
>http://mbm.livewiredev.com/download.html

Latest and last. Sadly, the author has stopped development, but since
MBM was always freeware, this last version should be readily available
as long as it's useful to someone.

Ron
!