When I connect to remote machine I do not see my disk drives

bill

I am connecting form one XP Pro SP2 machine to another across the
Internet using RDP. On the Local Resources tab I have both Disk Drives
and Printers checked. However, when I connect to the host and open
Windows Explorer I do not see my disk drives.

I do see my disk drives when I connect to another XP Pro SP2 machine at
another site so I do not think the problem is caused by settings on my
computer. Either there is something I am not setting correctly in the
Remote Desktop client or there is something not configured right on the
host computer.

What would prevent me from seeing my disk drives on the host?

Thanks.

--
..Bill.

Its possible drive redirection has been disabled via a Group Policy...

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/pree_rem_uvnl.asp

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

benefit of all of us...
rights...

"Bill" <no@no.com> wrote in message
>I am connecting form one XP Pro SP2 machine to another across the
> Internet using RDP. On the Local Resources tab I have both Disk Drives
> and Printers checked. However, when I connect to the host and open
> Windows Explorer I do not see my disk drives.
>
> I do see my disk drives when I connect to another XP Pro SP2 machine at
> another site so I do not think the problem is caused by settings on my
> computer. Either there is something I am not setting correctly in the
> Remote Desktop client or there is something not configured right on the
> host computer.
>
> What would prevent me from seeing my disk drives on the host?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> .Bill.

bill

Thanks for responding. All of the group policy settings show "Not
Configured" so I assume this is not the problem. Is that correct?

Any other suggestions?

--
..Bill.

Sooner Al [MVP] wrote:

> Its possible drive redirection has been disabled via a Group Policy...
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit
> /en-us/pree_rem_uvnl.asp

This is on the RDP host, correct?

--

> Thanks for responding. All of the group policy settings show "Not
> Configured" so I assume this is not the problem. Is that correct?
>
> Any other suggestions?
>
> --
> .Bill.
>
> Sooner Al [MVP] wrote:
>
>> Its possible drive redirection has been disabled via a Group Policy...
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit
>> /en-us/pree_rem_uvnl.asp

bill

That is correct. I am referring to the group policy settings on the
host.

--
..Bill.