I am looking for a remote admin program to shadow all of my clients. Any
suggestions of a good one? I am running 2000 server. Most of clients are
XP boxes.

I am currently using RDP. The only problem with that is it kicks the client
off that I am shadowing.

You can do that with Windows 2003 server.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;279656

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

benefit of all of us...
rights...

"Derek Witcher" <derek@mavpac.com> wrote in message
>I am looking for a remote admin program to shadow all of my clients. Any
> suggestions of a good one? I am running 2000 server. Most of clients are
> XP boxes.
>
> I am currently using RDP. The only problem with that is it kicks the
> client off that I am shadowing.

But that is for XP 2003 server. I am using a Win 2000 server. Any other
suggestions?
"Derek Witcher" <derek@mavpac.com> wrote in message
>I am looking for a remote admin program to shadow all of my clients. Any
> suggestions of a good one? I am running 2000 server. Most of clients are
> XP boxes.
>
> I am currently using RDP. The only problem with that is it kicks the
> client off that I am shadowing.

No...any chance you could upgrade to W2003 server?

--

> But that is for XP 2003 server. I am using a Win 2000 server. Any other
> suggestions?
> "Derek Witcher" <derek@mavpac.com> wrote in message
>>I am looking for a remote admin program to shadow all of my clients. Any
>> suggestions of a good one? I am running 2000 server. Most of clients
>> are
>> XP boxes.
>>
>> I am currently using RDP. The only problem with that is it kicks the
>> client off that I am shadowing.

Not at the current time.
> No...any chance you could upgrade to W2003 server?
>
> --
>
> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

> benefit of all of us...
> rights...
>

> "Derek Witcher" <derek@mavpac.com> wrote in message
>> But that is for XP 2003 server. I am using a Win 2000 server. Any other
>> suggestions?
>> "Derek Witcher" <derek@mavpac.com> wrote in message
>>>I am looking for a remote admin program to shadow all of my clients. Any
>>> suggestions of a good one? I am running 2000 server. Most of clients
>>> are
>>> XP boxes.
>>>
>>> I am currently using RDP. The only problem with that is it kicks the
>>> client off that I am shadowing.

null

Derek Witcher wrote:

> But that is for XP 2003 server. I am using a Win 2000 server. Any other
> suggestions?
> "Derek Witcher" <derek@mavpac.com> wrote in message
>
>>I am looking for a remote admin program to shadow all of my clients. Any
>>suggestions of a good one? I am running 2000 server. Most of clients are
>>XP boxes.
>>
>>I am currently using RDP. The only problem with that is it kicks the
>>client off that I am shadowing.

You could try VNC.

posted here. No warranty, express or implied, is given with the posting
of this message.

VNC? Do you have a website?
"null" <null@planetzero.com> wrote in message
> Derek Witcher wrote:
>
>> But that is for XP 2003 server. I am using a Win 2000 server. Any other
>> suggestions?
>> "Derek Witcher" <derek@mavpac.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>I am looking for a remote admin program to shadow all of my clients. Any
>>>suggestions of a good one? I am running 2000 server. Most of clients
>>>are
>>>XP boxes.
>>>
>>>I am currently using RDP. The only problem with that is it kicks the
>>>client off that I am shadowing.
>>>

> You could try VNC.
>
> --
> The reader should exercise normal caution and backup the Registry and data
> files regularly, and especially before making any changes to their PC, as
> well as performing regular virus and spyware scans. I am not liable for
> problems or mishaps that occur from the reader using advice posted here.
> No warranty, express or implied, is given with the posting of this
> message.

If your going to use VNC then I suggest UltraVNC with its encryption
plug-in...

http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/