RDC causes wireless adapter to disable

I'm trying to connect from my desktop to my laptop using RDC. They are
both on my home network. When I RDC into my laptop, I get the login
screen as I expected, login, and I'm in....for about two seconds.
After that, the connection hangs and eventually RDC drops me.

When I log into the laptop itself, the wireless connection icon in the
bottom right shows "acquireing network address" for a second, finds it,
and then the laptop is on the network again.

I'm assuming that when I do RDC into the laptop and the desktop takes
over, the network adapter on the laptop thinks it's time to sleep or
disable, and drops off the lan. I confirmed this by doing a ping from
the desktop to the laptop. Before RDC, no problem. After the RDC
connection hands, I can't ping the laptop anymore. Once I log into the
laptop itself, I can ping the laptop from the desktop.

I found similiar posts, but none with a resolution I can get to.

Any suggestions?

Sorry for the double-pump here.