is there any way in which i can use windows mobile to allow me to remote
desktop to my personal computer running windows XP

thanks for all help

Sure...There is a built-in Terminal Services Client on Windows Mobile
platforms. Its in the "Start : Programs" path. See this page for additional
help including a warning/tips about the RDP host encryption level and
disabling the rendering of the RDP host desktop wallpaper to speed up the
data connection.

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

benefit of all of us...
rights...