Sign in with
Your question

Blank blue screen

Last response: in Windows 8
November 16, 2012 10:45:27 AM

i have a problem with my 5mos old refurbished acer laptop....two weeks ago i had it upgraded from windows 7 to windows 8....last night i just browes on my pictures and eventually turned it off after an hour.tonight it wont open.it only has a blank blue screen.i can still here the start up tune of windows but there is nothing on the screen but blue
PLEASE ANYONE HELP ME WITH MY DILEMA...MY LAPTOP IS A NECESSITY FOR MY WORK.THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

More about : blank blue screen

November 17, 2012 6:13:53 PM

It might be a hardware problem but I'm not quite sure. Can you still see the BIOS options when you boot it immediately or does it go to the blue screen after power on?

But I've never heard of a blue backlight before.
February 17, 2013 9:40:48 PM

guizzmoduck said:
i have a problem with my 5mos old refurbished acer laptop....two weeks ago i had it upgraded from windows 7 to windows 8....last night i just browes on my pictures and eventually turned it off after an hour.tonight it wont open.it only has a blank blue screen.i can still here the start up tune of windows but there is nothing on the screen but blue
PLEASE ANYONE HELP ME WITH MY DILEMA...MY LAPTOP IS A NECESSITY FOR MY WORK.THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

Hi guizzmoduck. Did you resolve your problem. I am experiencing the same blue screen. All bios functions of the boot are visible but as soon as the desktop is due to be loaded I get a blue screen. This is actually a blank desktop as I can hear everything going on behind it, and can access normal screen options with a right click. I have even been able to create a new folder which gives me access to all hard disk contents, but no operational control over other programs. I have Windows 7 which has been working perfectly prior to the commencement of this problem. I do not believe it is software related as I have installed a previous operational Acronis True Image, but the problem was still there. Any other readers ideas!!
Related resources
February 17, 2013 9:41:18 PM

guizzmoduck said:

Hi guizzmoduck. Did you resolve your problem. I am experiencing the same blue screen. All bios functions of the boot are visible but as soon as the desktop is due to be loaded I get a blue screen. This is actually a blank desktop as I can hear everything going on behind it, and can access normal screen options with a right click. I have even been able to create a new folder which gives me access to all hard disk contents, but no operational control over other programs. I have Windows 7 which has been working perfectly prior to the commencement of this problem. I do not believe it is software related as I have installed a previous operational Acronis True Image, but the problem was still there. Any other readers ideas!!
February 19, 2013 10:15:07 AM

winnecke said:

I tried to clean up my memory, I take out 1 at a time, and find the bad ram, then I refund the bad ram get a new ram, then it works.
!