RDC prevents and terminates a protected program

I constantly use a program at the office that is protected by a security key
(Sentinel SafeNet), a device attached to the printer port that must be
installed for the program to work. The program 'never' fails to work at the
office, but when I RDC from home, the program terminates and won't restart.
It doesn't 'see' the key at home. Are there any settings in RDC that can be
changed to solve this problem? This is not unique to my environment. The
same thing happens when I use RDC to help a customer with that program
running.
--
Dell Dimension 8100
XP Home Edition, SP2

I received feedback from SafeNet on this issue. The key is a 'SuperPro
dongle' that 'will not be detected remotely when in standalone mode. In order
to access the application using RDC the key should work either in network
mode or broadcast mode.'

The program supplier won't change from standalone mode at this time. My
customer's network IT dept is considering alternatives to RDC. In the mean
time I need a method of running a sequence of events that will allow me to
logoff remotely using RDC and then run the program after RDC is disconnected.
Can anyone get me started on this?

--
Dell Dimension 8100
XP Home Edition, SP2

"chic bowdrie" wrote:

> I constantly use a program at the office that is protected by a security key
> (Sentinel SafeNet), a device attached to the printer port that must be
> installed for the program to work. The program 'never' fails to work at the
> office, but when I RDC from home, the program terminates and won't restart.
> It doesn't 'see' the key at home. Are there any settings in RDC that can be
> changed to solve this problem? This is not unique to my environment. The
> same thing happens when I use RDC to help a customer with that program
> running.
> --
> Dell Dimension 8100
> XP Home Edition, SP2
> Linksys Router

I learned how to use Scheduled Tasks to make the program start after I
disconnected. Now I have a new question about disconnecting. I found a
thread that explained how to give control back to the remote computer before
disconnecting. The run command is 'tscon 0 /dest:console'. Was this
necessary? If I simply disconnect from the start menu, won't the session
remain open?