Hello

I'm sure this has been asked many times before - does WinXP Home offer a way
of connecting to my (non-wireless) office network. If not which software is
best for doing this?

Thanks.

Mart

If your PC at work is running XP Pro you could use Remote Desktop...

What OS is the work PC running?

I suggest you contact your office/work network administrators about this.
They may require that remote access be through a VPN tunnel of some sort.
They would be able to fix you up with a VPN client, etc. Its very important
that you have permission from them to do this...

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

benefit of all of us...
rights...

"Martin Stabrey" <MartinStabrey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> I'm sure this has been asked many times before - does WinXP Home offer a
> way
> of connecting to my (non-wireless) office network. If not which software
> is
> best for doing this?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Mart

Yes, If you are running Pro at the office. Home includes the RDP client
software and it can also be downloaded from microsoft. No if you are using
xp home at the office. UltraVNC is a software which will allow you to
connect remotely to xp home pcs.