Roaming profiles in WAN

Sometimes, when users with portable computer are in offices, which are
connected with main office trough slow link, I wish to disable Roaming
profiles for them.
Profiles are stored in main location and copying takes simply too much
time.

Question - can I disable roaming profile with login script? I found nothing
useful on "Disabling roaming profiles" (except over GUI of course).

We have AD (Windows 2003) and Windows XP Pro SP2 workstations.

Thank you for every advice.
Dussan

you can disable roaming profiles in each portable locally if the user is not
part of a DC where it has certain rules about romaing profiles here is the
way to disable it locally:

Start/Run/gpedit.msc

Local Computer Policy/Computer Configuration/Administrative
Templates/System/User Profiles/Only Allow Local User Profiles.

If you enable both the "Prevent Roaming Profile changes from propagating to
the server" setting and the "Only allow local user profiles" setting, roaming
profiles are disabled.

if it is in a DC then the group policy should be edited about the portable
users, you can either modify each user's properties or create a new group
within the DC for portable's user with the disabled option for roaming
profiles. hope this helps. let us know what happened

"=?Utf-8?B?UmFtc2VzSw==?=" <RamsesK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> you can disable roaming profiles in each portable locally if the user
> is not part of a DC where it has certain rules about romaing profiles
> here is the way to disable it locally:
>
> Start/Run/gpedit.msc
>
> Local Computer Policy/Computer Configuration/Administrative
> Templates/System/User Profiles/Only Allow Local User Profiles.
>
> If you enable both the "Prevent Roaming Profile changes from
> propagating to the server" setting and the "Only allow local user
> profiles" setting, roaming profiles are disabled.
>
> if it is in a DC then the group policy should be edited about the
> portable users, you can either modify each user's properties or create
> a new group within the DC for portable's user with the disabled option
> for roaming profiles. hope this helps. let us know what happened

No, usually I want that they use roaming profile. If they are in remote
location (different LOGONSERVER) I would like to disable roaming profile.

dussan