RDP and print redirect for USB ports

September 14, 2005 7:40:27 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.protocols.rdp,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup,microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

Hey everyone,
Can someone post me the link to the article conerning the registry entry to
fix local printers connect to a USB port not be able to redirect thru a
Remote Desktop Connection? I remember doing it some time back but lost the
information. I have a Lexmark 7110 that connects to a local USB port of a XP
home machine. I loaded the original print drivers from the original CD onto
the remote XP Pro workstation. I also did the same to the local XP home
workstation. When I log into the XP pro workstation via RDP it recognizes
the new printer however, when I try to test a print to my local printer on
the XP home machine I get an error message say "There is a communication
error" . I appreciate the help. Thanks
Joey
Anonymous
September 14, 2005 7:40:28 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.protocols.rdp,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup,microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

You mean this one?

302361 - Printers That Use Ports That Do Not Begin With COM, LPT, or
USB Are Not Redirected in a Remote Desktop or Terminal Services
Session
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=302361
Vera Noest
TS troubleshooting: http://ts.veranoest.net
___ please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ___

"Joe" <candulj@hotmail.com> wrote on 14 sep 2005 in

!