RDP and print redirect for USB ports

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.protocols.rdp,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup,microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

Hey everyone,
Can someone post me the link to the article conerning the registry entry to
fix local printers connect to a USB port not be able to redirect thru a
Remote Desktop Connection? I remember doing it some time back but lost the
information. I have a Lexmark 7110 that connects to a local USB port of a XP
home machine. I loaded the original print drivers from the original CD onto
the remote XP Pro workstation. I also did the same to the local XP home
workstation. When I log into the XP pro workstation via RDP it recognizes
the new printer however, when I try to test a print to my local printer on
the XP home machine I get an error message say "There is a communication
error" . I appreciate the help. Thanks
Joey
1 answer Last reply
More about print redirect ports
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.protocols.rdp,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup,microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

    You mean this one?

    302361 - Printers That Use Ports That Do Not Begin With COM, LPT, or
    USB Are Not Redirected in a Remote Desktop or Terminal Services
    Session
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=302361
    Vera Noest
    TS troubleshooting: http://ts.veranoest.net
    ___ please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ___

    "Joe" <candulj@hotmail.com> wrote on 14 sep 2005 in
    microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup:

    > Hey everyone,
    > Can someone post me the link to the article conerning the
    > registry entry to fix local printers connect to a USB port not
    > be able to redirect thru a Remote Desktop Connection? I remember
    > doing it some time back but lost the information. I have a
    > Lexmark 7110 that connects to a local USB port of a XP home
    > machine. I loaded the original print drivers from the original
    > CD onto the remote XP Pro workstation. I also did the same to
    > the local XP home workstation. When I log into the XP pro
    > workstation via RDP it recognizes the new printer however, when
    > I try to test a print to my local printer on the XP home machine
    > I get an error message say "There is a communication error" . I
    > appreciate the help. Thanks Joey

Windows XP USB Microsoft