I CAN'T STAND IT ANYMORE!

dhlucke

Polypheme
Steve, please fix this. It must be a bug.

Whenever you try to insert a smilie or a tag it automatically goes to the end of the text instead of where the cursor is. It's so annoying. PLEASE!

russell

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2004
Another thing that happens is when I'm using speech to text and then at the end of the typing I try to put a smiley it wipes out the last couple of lines of text. I have to put a space or carrage return or something so it doesn't wipe out my text.

The entire post input needs a re style

1) As you said, smilies should go where ever the cursor is at
2) Highlighting text, and pressing one of the following buttons (Quote, colour, size, img, url) should add the appropriate tags to the start / end of the selected text
3) (Actual bug) If your post makes the input box show a vertical scroll bar and you add a smily the input box jumps back to the top of the scroll bar

steve_sa

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2005
Fixed. Thank you tomsmart for sending me the code. Smilies should be inserted where the cursor is now.

Ned, if your #3 problem is still there, please describe it in more detail, and I will see what I can do.

pickxx

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
Fixed. Thank you tomsmart for sending me the code. Smilies should be inserted where the cursor is now.

Ned, if your #3 problem is still there, please describe it in more detail, and I will see what I can do.

Make a long ass post....just a whole buch of enter keystrokes and then click "url" or something. THat should trigger the bug.

its annyoing because i make long posts with urls all the time.

btw....just checked and after i typed all that i put my cursor right after #3 above and clicked a smiley and it went to the bottom.

Jake_Barnes

Splendid
ok, it works with ie and NOT FF. Just tested.

Yea ... I've been having that problem with FF from day one. I never use IE, so that's not a realistic workaround for me. Opera is even worse ... I've just gotten used to it. But, yea, sometimes I read the preview, and want to insert a smiley into the body of the text ... right now, I have to copy the bb code and manually type it to get to work ... sometimes. IE may be a solution for some ... but I'll fall on my sword before I use that inbuilt security vunerability ... :?

pickxx

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
Exactly....i refuse to use IE.

I dont use it even if it says IE only. If they can' format for both its not important enough to use or know about.

I usually end up dragging text or smileys or copy and pasting

(Jake....notice how i didn't quote you? i deserve a cookie)

Jake_Barnes

Splendid
Exactly....i refuse to use IE.

I dont use it even if it says IE only. If they can' format for both its not important enough to use or know about.

I usually end up dragging text or smileys or copy and pasting

(Jake....notice how i didn't quote you? i deserve a cookie)

Unless you cleared them ... you've got your cookie ... :twisted:

pickxx

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
Unless i cleared them?

you mean going back and editing? I woudn't do that i would have just left it.

you of all people should know i am too lazy to go abck and edit things...lol

Quote my reply (including the above space). Scroll to the bottom, and add a smiliy as if you were responding. The scroll bar will jump to the top (tested in FF)

pickxx

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
Why aren't you in bed ... [/old school smiley]

I had a horrible day at work so i went to bed at 2pm when i got home....so i am wide awake.

Also i never really sleep......why? are you interested in joining me?

steve_sa

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2005
Ok, fixed, please test.

Features:

-you can insert smilies, etc. at any point (IE, FF, Opera)

-can insert smilies at the bottom even the scroll window is on (IE, FF, Op)

-can select some text, and then do things like bolding on that block with one click (nice!)

steve

dhlucke

Polypheme
Testing y 8) our New PM Click Here[code:1:8e0e2d3ca8] to visit your Inb[/code:1:8e0e2d3ca8]ox
ow

NICE!

Great work.

A little bug I've noticed - If you don't select text and press a button the button text changes to add a '*', but that * doesn't always fit on the button correctly .

Test in FF.