CS 1.6 & Dedicated Server

Last response: in Video Games
Share
October 15, 2004 7:40:05 PM

Can the LAN only version of CS 1.6 be made to run a dedicated server?

I'm currently downloading the HLDS software for 1.6 to see if I can answer
my own Q, but, having read through the readme it looks like it has to be
connected to the net for authentication.

Any help appreciated.

Binky.

More about : dedicated server

Anonymous
October 18, 2004 10:08:40 PM

if you force the dedicated server offline it will. I used my rounter to
block the internet access to the computer ip hosting counter-strike. I
played for about 3 hours earlier with 4 machines and a dedicated server
using 1 steam account but today it won't let me if the server is online.
October 18, 2004 10:55:55 PM

<jedihermit@jedihermit.com> wrote in message
> if you force the dedicated server offline it will. I used my rounter to
> block the internet access to the computer ip hosting counter-strike. I
> played for about 3 hours earlier with 4 machines and a dedicated server
> using 1 steam account but today it won't let me if the server is online.

I tried that by disconnecting physically but just got an error message. If
that's the only way then it's too hit n miss for me. I did eventually get
the LAN-only CS1.6 working as a dedicated server with bots (which was the
ultimate intention anyway).

Either I can't work out how to do internet-free Steam CS1.6 as a dedicated
server or it can't be done at all.

Is wanting internet-free Steam CS such an outrageous request?

After spending a small fortune of Valve products to get the CD keys to play
legally i'm forced into using LAN-only 1.6 because......I don't know why.
Perhaps Valve can answer that one.
July 7, 2013 10:59:38 AM

!